Wednesday 5 June 2019

Step forward.

I googled all the cocktail of drugs I take and discovered that Furosemide interacts with the Steroids.  So I didnt take the Furosemide and was not too bad today.  Last steroids tomorrow so back in the routine day after.

Got myself to the Prom.




A short walk to see the Kessock Burn.  No Gulls as high tide on its way.  A Sailing boat a long way out.


I promised pictures of the Spinney.  To the left of the house, this is an old aerial photo before we moved in.  But it gives you an idea of the strange shape, like a wedge of cheese our property sits in, with the pointy end to the left having the spinney.


Our oil tank is now on the left of the drive.  Beyond that is the spinney.  Which due to the fact nothing is ever done in there I cannot access it!




Very tall Pine trees and Scots Pine.  I have never been able to get in there.  So plan is to ask our grass cutters to clear me a path , let the manic strimmer in there.  The DP tells me there is a carpet of bluebells.  Well they have finished by now so the idiot with the strimmer should just be clearing brambles and a pathway through.  But I will wait to make the request after the nesting period is over and all the baby birds have fledged.  Exciting int it!


Talking of nesting the House Sparrows continue to collect nesting material for another brood, from the Pampas grass the DP finds, nicks, on his walks.

Starling still feeding their fledged young.


Mrs Great Spotted Woodpecker.

Yellowhammer feast time.


Dyson our handsome male Pheasant.



And partner.  Last year he had 5 partners......



An adult Goldfinch investigates the Teasels.

I take great pleasure from watching birds!  Fascinating to see their behaviour and their ability to survive.  Helped by us and money spent!  Worth it tho.

Many steps forward.

10 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I'm sure a lot of people are 'drug' ill. I always google everything but a lot of people put their trust in the Doctor and who knows how much better they would be without certain drugs in their systems.
Good that you are on the mend and keep up the bird pictures, I love them.
Briony
x

Life In The Seniors Lane said...

I just love the shape of your property. The birds here now seem to like my balcony. Tomorrow I will get the fountain going for them. Yes there are so many drug interactions these days. In Canada we have just started a new system where all doctors, all pharmacies and hospitals are linked. When you take a prescription in, it instantly tells them if it has drug interactions. I am so thankful for it. Wish it had of been put in place long ago. Cheers

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

No doctor or pharmacist track what you are taking? Scary to think of taking more than one med a doctor or pharmacy doesn't catch not good together. I am glad you are feeling better.
The sparrow photo is fantastic!

Sue in Suffolk said...

For many years at the smallholding we had an area beyond the big pond that was inaccessible due to blackthorn and brambles. I remember when we eventually cleared a path so we could walk right round the pond it was so exciting - walking on land we hadn't walked on before. So I quite understand you wanting to get into the spinney.
Beautiful bird photos as always

kjsutcliffe said...

Being able to access the spinney will be interesting, bet the birds love using it. Doctors often prescribe drugs for a current ailment without really truly investigating long term prescriptions possibly set up by different doctors, sadly too common. Mostly due in part I suspect to the lack of time allocated to each patient.

Bovey Belle said...

Glad you have found out what doesn't go with the steroids. I think Pharmacists are a lot more up to date than GPs with the interactions of drugs so worth asking them.

Glad you feel a bit brighter today anyway, and I bet you are looking forward to going into explore your copse at a later date.

hart said...

Great photos of the birds, but that Dyson!

mamasmercantile said...

As always a joy to visit your blog and see the bird photos. What fun to be able to clear the ground so that you have access to the spinney, exciting times.

Jean said...

I absolutely adore your bird photos.I get a lot of pleasure from watching the garden birds too. It will be exciting to walk through your spinney.

thelma said...

Love your prom photos as well, the spinney is an exciting thing to look forward to, you will need a bench in there to sit quietly.