Saturday 1 June 2019

My old enemy returned....

Really struggling today.  So I was quite relieved to discover I have yet another chest infection!  At least I can treat that.

Not many photos of the Prom.  


I did walk, but it took a while as I had to keep stopping and breathe.  


Strange weather.  No wind, not cold, no sun.  It being the weekend and people on the beach no Gull gang either.


The small boat was a long way out, I think they were line fishing.

Back home.  

I had a wander in the garden.


It is an Anemone.  Where has it come from?


The Oriental Poppy is beginning to bloom.  


Seems early?


We have quite a lot of Aquilegia.  I hadnt realised they self seeded.  Popping up everywhere.


Peony.  Box on the left. Alliums.



Another Peony with Welsh? Poppies to the right.


Ladies Mantle and Yellow Loosestrife.  Cranesbill in there too.


White Campion.


Strange mushrooms!


I think this shrub is a Dogwood?  The bees love it.

The DP was having an off day tomorrow which involved an early start and me having to make my own breakfast, etc.  He has very kindly decided he isn't going, although I am mightily relieved, I am feeling guilty.  We have decided next time he has a planned 'off' we will get the care people in, they have offered.  But I tend to be independent minded, although the body lets me down in carrying the independence through!

Sith took his blue pill dispensed by me.  Held in a towel by the DP.  Half a steroid in his grub.  No seizure.  Been out and about but now on the bed and has been for hours.  Poked him at one point as I couldnt see him breathe.

So me back on antibiotics and steroids.  No doubt I picked up the infection at the surgery last Wednesday, haven't been anywhere else with people.

Fighting!

13 comments:

Scarlet said...

Glad you're fighting Jill! Sorry the DP didn't get his away day.
I had someone coughing and sneezing behind me at the doctors yesterday, so I'm waiting to see if they've passed that on - I'd only gone for my B12 injection.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Keep up the good fight!
Took some photos at the Suffolk Show art exhibition specially for you - will be on next my Tuesdays post

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

That last plant is a variegated Weigelia, I think. Sending best wishes for health and no more chest infections.

rusty duck said...

Your garden looks absolutely glorious! The mystery shrub might be a weigela, possibly 'Florida Variegata'?
https://www.crocus.co.uk/plants/_/weigela-florida-variegata/classid.4524/
Keep fighting and get well soon x

Jean said...

Sorry to hear that you have another chest infection. So infuriating when the body can't keep up with the mind and will. Pleased to hear that Sith had a good day, long may it continue. As for plants, I find things appearing in the garden which I haven't planted, I put some of it down to bird droppings. My resident squirrel doesn't think one oak tree in my garden is enough and forgets to dig up his stash thus leaving me with a host of baby oak trees all over the place to dispose of. The plant you thought might be dogwood is Weigela, the variegated leaf variety, I used to have one, so did my Mum.

Jules said...

I hope you'll soon see the back of this latest infection. Fortunately I rarely visit the doctors surgery, but on the ocassions I have there always seems to be someone coughing and spluttering everywhere, which must be a nightmare for you.
The garden is looking beautiful and just look at that gorgeous poppy! X

kjsutcliffe said...

My folks always say they bring home the next cough when they have to go to the doctors surgery. It seems common place, waiting rooms seem to harbour the next virus... not nice 😕feel better soon x

Rosie said...

I do love the pretty flowers in your garden. I hope they make you feel a bit brighter. Thinking of you.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers for all good health
Lovely flowers

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, another dam infection, well like you said that can be treated. I feel so bad for you, You are such a trooper, I wish there was an answer, a pill to take it all away, a magic wand to make those darn lungs of yours whole again, my grand father always said we might as well wish in one hand and #$&# in the other, you are one of the gutsiest people I know, you are an inspiration, your flowers are amazing , and that aneome, maybe a bird pooped it as it was flying past, so many things are seeded that way, take care my friend. I wish I could make you better,

Bovey Belle said...

Like Laurie, I wish I could make you better too. At least you can treat the infection and know you will feel better afterwards, but I'm with you as the Dr's waiting room being the unhealthiest place to go when you have compromised health, lungs especially. Let's hope the a/b's kick in soon. My problem with the steroids (e.g. not sleeping/being awake all night) is down to the level of histamines in my body which being high and causing inflammation and affecting my asthma, is why I need the blardy steroids in the first place!

I can't wait for my air purifier to arrive (Wednesday I think) and am hoping we don't have a long hot spell with lots of humidity and pollen . . .

Jean said...

Hope you feel better soon. Drs surgeries are very unhealthy places. Good you still got to the prom.

mamasmercantile said...

Sorry to read about the chest infection, hope you feel better soon. Your garden is a delight, beautiful.