Friday 21 June 2019

Midsummers Day.


39 years ago.


How we have grown!

Four children, 3 partners and 6 grandchildren.

39 years ago the DP and I were married.  In a registry office.  As my father had recently died we let my Mother organise the reception to keep her occupied.  A born organiser my Mother.  If she could not organise you she deffed you in.  Which she eventually did.  She missed so much.  Bittersweet.  

I went to the Prom to reflect.




A beautiful day.  And I walked.




We had a Chinese take away from our nearest village, so the DP did not have to cook.  

A good day.  

I still have my wedding dress.  In the evening of our wedding day we had a fancy dress party at the village hall in Bretton, near Wakefield.  Bretton now has a sculpture park which some of my followers have visited.  

Everyone dressed up as a character from A Midsummer's Night Dream.  We even had a wall!

Wonderful memories and a wonderful life together for 39 years.  Nae bad.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely photo! I was married almost the same year, at a registry office, with flowers in my hair too lol,, what a coincidence, you were a beautiful bride and your husband a very handsome groom, nae bad at all lol, my gramma said that all the time lol,

Patty said...

Happy Anniversary! Both of you are still a beautiful couple!

Jean said...

I love the last sentence. I'm happy that you have been so happy. A touching post.

Susan Heather said...

Happy Anniversary to the beautiful bride and her beau and many more to come.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Belated congratulations. 2 Lovely happy photos.

(I also got married in a registry office, with flowers on a clip in my hair! would have been 40 years this year)

mamasmercantile said...

Happy Anniversary, wishing you many more happy years together.

Jules said...

Belated Anniversary wishes to you both. X

pat chester said...

Congratulations on your 39th Wedding Anniversary, next year the Ruby Wedding to come.

hart said...

Happy Anniversary. Looks like a lovely gathering.