Friday 7 June 2019

Friday.

Today has been warm!!  Well comfortable.  I still wore a coat when I went to the Prom, more for the pockets to put phone and camera in.




So the taped off areas are all disabled parking bays.  Hmmm.  So one painter can paint the buoys.  Not impressed.  So the blue car is mine.  Parked next to the disabled spot.  As I had room to extricate the chariot.  



Beautiful weather.  Warm, breezy and sunny.  All fine.



Plenty Gulls.



This dog had been tethered to the bench while the owner was in the cafe.  It was one of those dogs that barked continually, but its bark was a screech.  Everyone else on the Prom was totally fed up with it, or rather the owner.



Not that many people on the beach.



One small boat heading home.

Back home and in the Shedudio I finished the Puffins.



Just to sign, varnish and put the hanging bits to its back.



Outside a Lesser Redpoll.

I had a comment re not feeding birds in the Summer.  Well the advice from the RSPB is to supply high protein food for the parents so they have the energy to forage for their young.  I watch the tits having a quick snack on the peanuts etc, they always smash them up, eat and then go looking for grubs and insects for their young.  It is very hard work.





Then you have the young Starling waiting to be fed.  Sitting on food he/she is quite capable of feeding itself now!  Hard work for parent bird.



The DP puts Nyga seed on to the teasels.  We are well rewarded, which is the other reason for carrying on feeding the birds through the Summer.



As a photographer the DP takes full advantage of the posers!

I think I have got rid of the chest infection.  I have antibiotics and steroids ready in case it comes back.  Really hope it has gone and I get the Summer without any more.

I wish you all good health and happiness.  Thanks for your support.



Tonight's sunset.

7 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

What lovely pictures of the birds you manage to capture. I have never seen many of the ones you have in your garden.
The Puffins make a great composition - love the 'patterning' you have painted around the beaks.
Hope you didn't find any red splashes on your car!
Keep well.

Jean said...

Like you, I feed the birds still. When feeding their young the correct food, eg grubs etc, they need lots of fuel for themselves as they use masses of energy going back and forth to the nest.
You are also advised to feed them in late summer too, as the grubs have changed, and the seeds and berries are not yet ripe.

Jules said...

The sunset is glorious and I do hope you've seen the back of that chest infection.
I'm also a huge fan of pockets. So much more convenient than carrying a bag around. X

mamasmercantile said...

Glad to read you have finally managed to get rid of the chest infection. Long may that last. Love the puffin painting. I have made a start finally, sketching I have a lot to learn but I am happy with my scribbles. The bird photos are a delight.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Fingers crossed for no more chest infections all summer. Another lovely sunset for you - just rain down here

kjsutcliffe said...

I wish more woman's clothing had pockets - but as the suffragettes were told - pockets on women were used for sedition and mischief and banned them in their/our clothing ... it is only now that we are fighting back!

Shadowmoss said...

I bought a 'how to draw...' book as I'm inspired by your paintings. I don't think at this point in my life I will do much more than entertain myself, but that is enough.