Monday 1 July 2019

My car

I love my car.  Fiat Punto.  4 doors.  Okay over 80,000 on the clock.  Regularly serviced and Mot sailed through.  But.  My garage man said the latest problem, loss of power, indicated it was time to change it.  Could be fixed and was.  But still time to change it.  So.  The DP wants me to go for leasing a car.  Pay a deposit upfront and then so much every month.  The car would be new and under warranty.  The alternative is to shell out a few thousand and get another old banger.  I dont know what to do and would appreciate any advice.  Has anyone done this leasing lark?

Meanwhile me and the Fiat made it to the Prom.  Although halfway there there was a change in engine noise and the red light went on on the temperature guage.  The DP said that would be the fan which cools the engine stopping working and as it then sounded ok and the temperature indicator went back to normal the fan kicked in again.  But another nudge to change the car.  I can do without this stress.





It was windy.  Nice to see the Gull Gang.  But after 5 minutes of being moved about in the blustery wind gusting to over 30 mph I packed in and came home.  The car behaving perfectly.

Shedudio in the afternoon.  Admiring my Rambling Rector rose.




He rambles up the back fence.  

My foot wifie came in the afternoon and my 6 weekly pedicure was done.  She makes me laugh.  She has holidays every month, or so it seems,  and has been recently to Budapest.  There is a Buda and a Pest apparently.  The things you learn while having your toenails cut.



I am gearing up to start and hopefully complete a painting of a heron the DP took recently.



He had taken three photos of the Heron and had asked for votes on facebook for which one should be entered into the exhibition this month.




These were the other two.  The one I had chosen to paint got the most votes.  Although one person who shall not be named said I should do all 3 as a triptych.

I am tired.  I sometimes think why am I tired I have done nothing today.  But then I did do my pulmonary physio exercises.  Thats marching on the spot, quads which involves lifting legs with weights round ankles, pole lifts which involves weight on pole(I use a walking stick), sit to stand, arm weight lifting, over head , front and side.  The only one I didnt do was the steps. 

So soon to be away to my cot, along with Sithcat.



On his blanket.  On one side of the bed and I am on the other.  Well trained.


Tonights sunset.

Goodnight all.

8 comments:

Jules said...

I think I would be wanting to change the car too. You need one which is reliable.
The Heron photographs are amazing. I look forward to seeing our painting. Have you ever painted Sithcat?

Chris said...

I've never leased a car but given how much you rely on your car I would go with the newer leased car than buying an older model. I think you would come out ahead with reliability versus expenditure, IMHO.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I think a lot of people lease their cars these days that is why you see so many new ones on the road and not many old bangers these days. My colleague at work alwyas leased hers - I always bought mine for cash unless there was a 0% interest free deal going. Tough call, but I think you need some transport of your own to get around and have your daily prom outing.

Anonymous said...

... buy a recent used car from your garage. Don’t lease because they make you pay the maximum insurance for the value of the new car. With a used one you decide a minimal insurance instead of a big one. Ask the garage for a guarantee for the first few months to ensure you don’t get a lemon. Should (god forbid) your health deteriorate you sell the car as it’s yours. If you are incapacitated for just a few months or
have a harsch winter you are paying the leasing man whether you use the car or not. Optically Leasing sounds like fun but it’s like Taxes you make your payments or the repossession man comes and you lose your deposit. Many leasers find what was supposed to be the yellow brick road becomes the highway to hell.

l believe leasing company executives should be set alight at the city gates once a year to set an example and for their own good !
Rgds

Swiss Frak

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! We leased this car we have now but my husband says he wished he hadn’t, when the lease is up we will buy it out right or buy another, it was the first time we leased a car and he feels it was a mistake, that’s all I know, that heron will be s beautiful painting! Nice to get your toes done!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers for less car stress.
Car stress can last for years, the memory, every little noise, even in a new car, can trigger anxiety. No experience here with leasing a car. I've been told #1 is to read, and understand the contract up one side and down the other.

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness those photos are amazing of the heron, stunning. Sorry to hear you are tired hopefully that is not a sign of another infection.

Jean said...

The Heron photos are fantastic. Can't give you any advice on the car problem I'm afraid. Cars are a necessary nuisance!