Thursday 27 June 2019

Thursday.


Quite warm and humidity up in the 90s.  I made it to the Prom.  The DP has been accompanying me most of this week.  In case I collapse......


The sea has scoured out some sand and brought up lots of weed.  Creating a sort of blue lagoon.  




The small boats coming in to the harbour.  Both could have been hauling in the creels, lobsters/crabs.  The one with the red bits on also does line fishing for mackerel.


I have already mentioned I do not like Jackdaws.  Here is another reason.  The small bird may have already been dead.  If so the Jackdaw is keeping the garden clean.  Of carrion.  Hmmm.  Being positive.


The smallest of the Allium bulbs have flowered.  Not sure whether they dry once flowered or not, never having grown them before.  They certainly do not look like the bigger Alliums.  We shall see.

I am now fine tuning stuff for our annual visual arts exhibition which is on 13th and 14th July.  Not long to go.  Our Community Challenge this year is Sea Creatures.  Most of the Primary Schools in the area have signed up for it as has a nursery, Rainbows and a Sunday School.  I mainly stick with the publicity and the facebook page which is Fraserburgh Art Summer Exhibition.  FASE.  I have also to sort out my work to go in to the exhibition.  We were in the local paper today.  A lift from the facebook page which I was very pleased they did that.  We will also be on the local radio station, Waves.  All go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds all very exciting!

Sue in Suffolk said...

The jackdaw photo is amazing even if he is eating another bird!

I like how the beach changes shape with the tides - I could use that seaweed on the garden

mamasmercantile said...

Finally we have sun here today, long may that last.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

You sound busy with the exhibition - I hope it goes well. The little yellow alliums are so sweet - how are the garden plans going have I missed an update?