Sunday 4 November 2018

Very tired and struggling to do anything as I have to keep gaining the control on my breathing.  No way could I have got up the steps to have my bosoms squashed.  Will have to see how I am on Thursday, my appointment is at 2.15.

I can never understand how I manage to do my pulmonary physio exercises when I feel this bad.  Determination!  Also washed my hair.  

Ah the Prom.  The sea air.  Sanity.

B****y cold tho.


Only one surfer, who wasnt that good.  But you have to start somewhere.



The light now is amazing.  Just look the colours, the rocks, the sand, the water.  Brilliant.


Fishing boat heading out on the hunt.



The chap from Sea Shepherd was back.  Collecting fishing nets that had been discarded and end up on the beach.  This is a very small one, most of the ones he cleared were much bigger.  He also has a pile next to him and this other pile further along and a great mound at the side of one of the bins.




Back home and in the Shedudio I counted 13 Goldfinch, on the ground and on the Niger seed feeder.  At the moment due to the presence of rats Niger seed and Peanuts are the only bird food on offer.  Seeds and Sunflower are too easy for the rats to take.  They are now taking the poison.  I was reading some scary statistics about rats, how quickly 6 become thousands, no thankyou.


The Short Eared Owl is almost finished.  The two potential Christmas Cards - well there is no way I can have them finished before I have to start the production line of making the cards.  So - this is to be this years card - one I found in the drawer and had never used.


Its early for me but I am away to my cot.  Night night.

7 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Sorry you are having trouble with your breathing today, lets hope things improve for tomorrow. I know Tom has some days good and some not so good,why? who knows.
Love the little Owl.
Briony
x

Chris said...

The goldfinch are beautiful little fellows. I saw a woodpecker here yesterday - very unusual for this time of year.

Anonymous said...

You must listen to your body, I know it’s hard, your painting is beautiful, I’m doing cards too!

Bovey Belle said...

Ah, breathing always has up and down days - I hope today is an up.

I trust the rats will be ex-rats soon. Smart niger feed seeder. Here I have cut to the chase and ONLY feed sunflower hearts - everything eats those - the Woodpecker, the Nuthatches, Goldfinches and the commoners too. Loved seeing your charm of Goldfinches!

Great cards - do you then print some off or is each card individally painted?

BadPenny said...

I hope you are feelling better, love watching the birds x

mamasmercantile said...

The owl is amazing, you certainly have a good eye for detail. Hope today is a little better and you are breathing easier.

Jacqui said...

The surfer made me smile - at least he's having a go. Your photos of the sea, seafaring life, the goldfinches in your garden, and your Christmas cards in the making, are lovely. How nice it must be to receive a hand-made card. I hope your breathing feels easier soon.