Tuesday 27 November 2018

Here comes the wind.

Time to put the big coat on.  20 mph plus today and rain occasionally.

S my carer washed me and my hair today.  She whips the compression stocking off and then back on again she is amazing.

Pulmonary physio exercises done including sit to stand which I am improving on how many I can do now I have worked out how to wedge my wheeled chair!

After lunch loaded up by the DP into the car and off to the Prom.


Wheeled buggies, bikes etc are banned from the Dunes which believe it or not are fragile and can be damaged by them.  The council recently fitted more metal barriers to prevent them accessing the beach and the dunes.  These barriers have now been vandalised hence the 'art work' on Tiger Hill.  So depressing.  Not sure why and when ?  they do this.



The Gull Gang.

Choppy sea.


Large boat on the horizon.  Moving slowly.  Will probably be heading for up the coast for shelter before the really big winds hit tomorrow.


My all time favourites - Oystercatchers facing into the wind.  As I was....


Back home and into the Shedudio I was visited by this Great Spotted Woodpecker.  

Who then came down to the bird bath!



Quite happy so I thought I would take a video.



Stove working well.  We have brought in the geraniums to overwinter.  I like Geraniums and they like the Shedudio.



Outside was rain and wind and cold.

The wind is howling round the house now, so I doubt I shall have my bedroom window open tonight.  Big winds tomorrow.  Hoping to still get out.  Good night.  



6 comments:

DUTA said...

Wind and rain are not my 'cup of tea'.
The boat in blue and white looks impressive. You're probably a boat expert by now.
Lovely, sweet little video!

Anonymous said...

That light in your studio is perfect for painting and geraniums! The photos of the choppy sea are my favorite

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Trust us to plan our trip up to Scotland to coinside with the bad weather! Hope it will improve looks a bit rough. The woodpecker seems to be enjoying himself in the pool!

Mary Bolton said...

Thanks for the video, that isn't a variety of woodpecker we have here in Massachusetts.

Bovey Belle said...

It's a bit windy here this morning too - and rainy, and we had horrid heavy rain all morning yesterday.

We have GSW here too - I can't afford to feed Peanuts this year, so just use Sunflower hearts but all the birds come to those, GSW, Goldfinches, Nuthatches and the smaller birds - even had a Magpie and a Jay visiting the feeders last week!

I hope you aren't blown away today when you go out for some sea air.

mamasmercantile said...

It is blowing a gale here too. What a delight to see the woodpecker, I really enjoyed the video.