Monday 12 November 2018

Bits and Pieces.

Doing my end bits as secretary of Fraserburgh Art Group.  I have booked Dalrymple Hall for our next meeting in January.  I also booked for our FASE6 exhibition, next year it will be in July.  So back to being Fraserburgh Art Summer Exhibition!  I just have to fill in the lengthy forms for booking, such an archaic way of doing things, but thats the Cooncil, archaic.

Second task of the day was phoning the secretary of my consultant re the Oxygen Team and them not having contacted me.  After listening to Vivaldis Autumn, almost the whole way through, she informed me of the name of the person who would be dealing with me, who wasnt in today, but would be told to shove me up the queue.  Hmmm. Fingers crossed.

Then main job.  Checking in with my physiotherapist.  He looks at my diary of exercises done and when.....Havent been very good over the last few weeks.  But he was very encouraging.  Filled him in on all medical bits happened since I last saw him.  He asked me what my normal SATS were and I said 92 last time after sitting for a bit.  He then went and got the thing that fits on your finger, like a big fat peg.  87.  S**t.  "Well that certainly qualifies you for oxygen therapy!"

The DP had come with me as there had been numerous sightings of Waxwings round and about the hospital in Fraserburgh where I was seeing the Physio.



We didnt see any today sadly, the pics above are when he saw them earlier.  The berries are all stripped now and they will have moved on.  But there have been many sightings in the area - lots and lots this year have come over here from Northern Scandinavia and Russia.  In our search I saw more parts of Fraserburgh than I knew existed, so much so I  got totally disorientated.  But at last we found the Prom.


Still the sea weed.  Cold, sunny, windless.  Ace.


Last bit of sunlight on Tiger Hill.


A very smart fishing boat leaving the harbour.


A smaller, scruffy one coming in.  I think BCK means it is from Buckie.


Blackheaded Gull.


Two having a bust up, I see a painting.


The DP said he had taken this to show my new trousers.  They are lovely aren't they, corduroy, nice and warm and not too long in the leg!  What the photo also shows is a woman who struggles to breathe....

My final task of the day of import was to cancel Cortes House.  My family staying 3 days was to cost £3452.   I think it would be cheaper to put them in a hotel bed and breakfast!  Anyroads we are looking at Pittendrum House.  Which will cost £700 for a week.  A lot smaller, but there are not 32 of them which is what Cortes caters for hence the price.  Watch this space.

6 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Let's hope you are getting closer to getting some oxygen! You do look like you are struggling the picture tells it all - but the trousers are very cosy looking - I buy some stretchy corduroy leggings from Sainsburys and when they get a bit old I wear them to garden in - much more flexible than jeans.
The Cortes House seems a tad expensive were you intending to buy it??

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Very nice new trousers but what I really love is your pink jacket....Can't find one like this for myself. I wish you to have an easier time breathing. That sounds so tough! And good luck for finding a good house for your family reunion.

Bovey Belle said...

Smart new trousers - I wear cords in the autumn and winter and always have.

At least you know you qualify for Oxygen now, but not the best of news I am guessing.

Crazy price for your family staying at Cortes House! I hope Pittendrum works out the price you mentioned.

Fab photos of the fighting gulls and brilliant ones of the Waxwings. A friend has a family which come and feed regularly at her bird feeders (she lives on the edge of the Forest of Dean, where they are known to live).

mamasmercantile said...

Great photo of the gulls fighting, it would make an amazing painting. Love the trousers, great colour and they look to be the perfect fit. I have bought cords for this winter I am hoping they will be a little warmer.

DUTA said...

Good picture of you! Lovely trousers! May you enjoy wearing them for many years!

Jacqui said...

I love cord trousers - hardwearing, warm and never date, and yours are lovely - perfect length and a great colour. I have an olive green pair that I've worn so frequently that all the raised areas of the cord have worn away, right down to the flat canvas base beneath! Your pictures are lovely as always - it looks cold - even the birds look cold. Great pics of the waxwing; I'd heard of them, but didn't know what they looked like.