Saturday 17 November 2018

Saturday and Success.

Really proud of myself.  I managed to sort out my problems of no sound on anything that I had coming in on Google Chrome.  I first downloaded Firefox.  Fine I had sound.  But when I went to connect with the NHS Firefox couldnt do this.  So - having realised that Chrome, blog, facebook, messenger etc had no sound, I googled no sound on google chrome.  Bang.  Right click on loudspeaker symbol - and it came up with sound muted.  Who had done that?  Not me.  So I unmuted it and I now have sound on everything.  Which means I can hear any videos you all post and I can now, more importantly, have a video link to the NHS and my physiotherapist. He wants to see me more often, but not have me going to the hospital etc.  Whew.  Aren't I clever.

Then it was the Prom.  Lousy weather.  Overcast, windy and cold.  The sort of cold wind that makes your head hurt.  But I got out of the car and walked.  To the railings and then on.



Not many others out walking!


Ah there are the Gull Gang.


Mainly Great Black Backed, and juveniles.  The odd Skurry.



Over to the left of the beach I could see that there were Oystercatchers.


Lovely.


My Brown Hare.  Well.  The times I have told myself "Do not use Indigo unless you are 100% sure that is where it should go."  And then get it wrong.  To 'lift' Indigo is a task and a half.  It can be done but it is labour intensive.  And I will never learn to think ahead.

I will do it but for now we have a terrible left ear.

Comments on the Blog.  Well wherever you live rivers and streams  (or Burns if you live in Scotland)  tend to head towards the sea.  I do not of anywhere that the sea moves inland apart from tidal surges or tsunamis which still do not actually create a river/stream they tend to deluge the whole area.  So the Kessock Burn springs up inland and heads towards the sea.  Ends up in Fraserburgh and is channelled through to the beach.  It makes its own channel but the humans have to put a bridge over it for roads etc.  Hope that answers your query but feel free to question further.

4 comments:

DUTA said...

Whenever you have a problem of some kind, google it! Even if it doesn't solve the problem, it gives you an idea, a direction that helps you solve it in the end. I've helped myself many times in solving computer problems or other issues. It requires time and patience, but then I have no specific hobby to absorb my time, so I can afford spending it on Google and Google Chrome.

Jacqui said...

Hello, Jill. You did really well to work out what the problem was and fix it - it's so satisfying when you can fix technology, isn't it? I'm pleased for you, particularly that it will help you practically. Your hare is coming along nicely. Do you paint in watercolour?

mamasmercantile said...

The wonders of Technology. The hospital consultant here and Gerard use a video link up to consultants in Glasgow and Aberdeen. It certainly saves the constant travelling.

Anonymous said...

I love your prom even on a cloudy day, The brown hare is looking beautiful,
I agree about the indigo, I have found my self in that spot as well,