Sunday 25 November 2018

I feel robbed!

Today was an away day for the DP.  Important that he gets these.  Looking after me must be a drag!

So away he went to Aberdeen for an RSPB jaunt.

I pootled about.  Switched on the dishwasher.  Made me own lunch.  Tin of Mackerel mashed up with vinegar and ground pepper.  On two Ryvitas, yum.  Cuppa Soup, and a banana.

Then off to the Prom.

No rain forecast.  Yeah.


It bucketed it down.  I thought I would wait a while.



Half an hour I sat there.  It stopped, I put the mobile in one pocket and the camera in the other ready to get out.


And it chucked it down again.  And it was a lot more windy than the forecast said.  

So I came home.

Lit the stove in the Shedudio which the DP had laid ( I dont do ashes, lungs do not like ashes.)


Put out the dish of bird food.  The DP is to do a check on the boxes of rat poison tomorrow and if still nothing taken we can resume normal bird feeding.  Great.  It is heart breaking to see the birds queueing up and not have enough for them all.

Put some hair on the Hare.


Not happy with this painting, feel it may be heading for the bucket, but its been a learning curve, so nothing wasted.


First switch on of the new ceiling light, which is not a daylight bulb, but certainly lit up totally the Shedudio!  I felt a bit like a Lighthouse in the middle of the countryside!  The daylight lamp is more subdued...

So then the DP returned.  Had a good time.  He was in Aberdeen with a large group.  Most of the birds in Johnston Gardens were up in the trees, so he could see them, but could not photograph them!

A city garden with streams, waterfalls, ponds, rockeries and rustic bridge that help to make this one of the most charming areas in the city.
The garden is planted with rhododendrons, spring bulbs, heathers and alpines; the ponds are full of irises, aylesbury, mallard and muscovy ducks.
This garden is well loved by bridal couples for photographs of their day. 
Facilities include children's play area and toilets.

However he managed to photograph


This Mandarin Duck which returns to Aberdeen every Winter.  From Norway.



This is a Grey Squirrel.  Not welcome in Scotland.  Someone in the group will be notifying the powers that be and the squirrel will be removed.... They are a threat to our native Red Squirrel.

So he had had a good day.  But me still feeling I was robbed.  Hoping for better tomorrow and to get out of the car.



5 comments:

Chris said...

We have grey squirrels here which I much prefer to the black squirrels which are just rats with bushy tails! However, I don't care for either variety as I can't keep them from getting at the bird bells no matter how hard I make it for them. Hope you get out on the prom tomorrow.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I like the texture you have created on the Hare - it is looking good to me - I am having problems with my Robin on my Christmas card - have tried several versions now - I think all destined for the bin!!
Perhaps you will get better weather tomorrow.

MarleneS said...

Lovely to see both you and DP are passionate about wild life.

mamasmercantile said...

The weather forecast is not looking good for the week with storms predicted. Hopefully, they will not be heading your way. I was actually impressed by your painting.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Rather sad if that Mandarin Duck arrives on his own rather than with a mate.