Wednesday 14 November 2018

Every breath you take, every step you make.....

For Sue in the Cottage at the end of the Lane.  One of my all time favourites and my theme tune at the moment!!


Much later than usual we got to the Prom.  Before that it had been a visit to the Doctors Surgery.





An overload of Oystercatchers!  Lots of inspiration for paintings,


Three juvenile Skurries (Herring Gulls.)  Pale pink legs.



Grown up Skurries and a Great Black Backed Gull.
You might think Skurries are big, but see the difference in size with the GBB!






This is a rare surfing gull!

I was at the surgery as my breathing has worsened. Every step, talking, eating =  breathless.   A struggle to do anything and very, very depressing.

I was checked over,  they agreed.  Oxygen levels are really down.  So with no more ado a telephone call was made and the person who has me on file to deal with will be phoning me, hopefully tomorrow.  So we can get cracking on me being on oxygen.  This will give me a better quality of life.  I might do a cartwheel, although I actually never could do cartwheels....

Every breath I take, every step I make.....Yay.




9 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I hope that the Oxygen really makes a difference to your breathing for the better, so you can do more Jill. At least they have speeded up the process now anyway. Wishing you a good night's sleep.

Lovely photos of the gulls and some inspiration for paintings there I'm sure.

kjsutcliffe said...

Surely surely all the departments that say you need to be on oxygen should be able to insist that you are issued a cylinder asap? fingers crossed that this phone call is the one that makes it happen x

DUTA said...

It is sad that one cannot rely on the medical people. You had to remind and nag them about the oxygen whereas they should have been the ones to provide it for you out of their own initiative.
Feel better soon!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Love your title - at least the lack of oxygen is made up for with your humour!
The gulls look like the local formation dancing teams!
All the best for a quick service with the oxygen.

Gail, northern California said...

You've been very patient.

mamasmercantile said...

I really am hoping that contact will be made quickly and that the oxygen will give you a better quality of life. You captured some great photos today.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope the oxygen gets organised very quickly to help with the breathing.
It must be very frightening.

MarleneS said...

I hope your will improve Jill, I know it is frightening not being able to catch your breath, I had some health issues a few years ago (ok now thankfully) so I know how you are feeling.
Wishing you all the best.

Catriona said...

Glad to hear you are getting oxygen to help your breathing and therefore your quality of life. One of my neighbours has COPD and I sometimes meet her with her wee trolley with the tank on it when she wants to go out to do some shopping., she’s really funny and says she’s just put fir a breath of air-humour gets us through a lot.