Saturday 24 November 2018

Land of the Big Sky.

The sky today has been awesome.




As you can see here on the lower Prom there has been plenty rain.  Not while I was there.




It was bitterly cold.  Bit of wind.


The clouds were very low over the land and sea.



The top Prom where I walk also showing puddles.  I do occasionally get down to the lower Prom but then have the struggle to get back up again.  Although I could walk to the other end where there is a slope.....but it might be a step too far...

T

Here you can see rain falling .

Very moody.



On the beach the only birds were Blackheaded Gulls and there were quite a few of them.  Here a group of three.



Preening.

Posing.



Now what is this at the side of the Shedudio?



Well it is a Pop Up Hide with chair!



Strategically placed logs that have grown their own photogenic fungi!  Bit of bird seed.  Sit in hide and get close up photos.  Simple.




Later the hide was removed to the garage to dry out!  One wouldn't get wet inside it, but it is a new toy so will now dry out.  Ok?!  The DP is a happy man.

I am still amazed the birds were totally unfazed.


5 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

The hide is brilliant- I think this is destined for my Not so secret Santa wish list!
Photos are wonderful so atmospheric and the little birds delightful - could you oblige with a Robin I am not sure I have got the shape quite right in my sketches for my Christmas card!

MarleneS said...

Lovely to see a bit of blue sky, its been so grey and dull here. Love the hide, one thing I would love one day is a little wooden hide. The blue tit is adorable (mind you I say that about all birds) I just love them.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I wonder how close to the birds you could put the hide before they noticed!
It rather looks like something from Dads Army when they were playing war games in the woods and trying to be camouflaged! Your DP will have lots of fun

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, they were impressive photos, a great now toy for DP.

Fishcake_random said...

That sky is amazing. What wonderful photographs as usual
X