Monday 5 November 2018

If I could dance I would.


After many months the fat leg is beginning to slim down.  When I get up in the morning both legs and ankles and feet are the same, small and slim.  As the day progresses the left one becomes fat and swollen.  This has lessened over the days recently and today I managed to get my boots on!!  It is not just the getting on of the normal footwear but now knowing I have not got Pulmonary hypertension and the swelling of the leg is down to harmless Bakers Cysts.  Phew.




Despite the above two photographs, which have been digitally enhanced by the computer, it was really gloomy today.  In fact it never really got light.  



Here we have four Oystercatchers, Great Black Backed Gull and a juvenile.  They are paddling in the Kessock Burn where it meets the sea.  Most days there are gathered there all the Gull Gang and a lot of washing, abluting and feather sorting goes on, as well as paddling.



Herring Gulls in the flock too.  So murky it is difficult to identify.



Splashy bath!

Although gloomy there was little wind, it wasn't too cold, and having the correct footwear meant I could walk further, well a little bit further.  And my feet did not get cold.

Home and into the Shedudio.  Let the Christmas Card production line commence.



As many of my readers are brilliant crafters who will know what we have here, but for those who do not... The pink thing is a board with grooves, the smaller pink thing scores the groove on top of the card and one then folds across the mark it has made.  No idea what it is called.  So there you have 30 cards.  I then put on a sticky label on the back which has my Buchan Birds and Beasts header, contact details, and advertises my facebook page, Buchan Birds and Beasts.   Next job is to get the sheet of photos, the DP has yet to do, guillotine, affix to card.  Keep watching.  I shall need more than 30 of course.  Lots of people use social media for Christmas greetings.  But I like to send cards, often with a letter, or just an update written in the card.



Pleased to see our lady Sparrowhawk is still around.  The DP saw her take a Goldfinch earlier.  She missed on this occasion but had time to pose for me.  Albeit through a mucky window.

Still waiting for my compression stocking from the Pharmacy.  Once I have that I may be able to dance every day!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to wear compression panti hose or leggings everyday since I had the accident that gave me the brain injury, they are hell to get on but you get use to it, Im glad you swelling is going down a bit, small victories !!!

Gail, northern California said...

Meant to write this yesterday but I love the choice you made for this year's Christmas...Santa with his sleigh and reindeer traveling in the light from the lighthouse. If time permits, post a card when completed.
thank you.

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled to hear that you haven't got pulmonary hypertension and that finally the leg is starting to slim down, long may that last.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Gosh - I have a Bakers cyst but only the back of my knee swells it doesn't affect my whole leg. Sometimes it is no trouble and then from nowhere it flares up again. You must be glad though it is not PH.
I am still at the sketch stage for my lino cut Christmas card and I can feel the time tickng away. When daughter's new baby comes...when...maybe I will be able to focus!

hart said...

What good news! I hope they continue to match perfectly and I like the boots too.