Friday 30 November 2018

Should I laugh or should I cry.

Been one of those sort of days.

First.  The new garage door was delivered at dawn.


Our Sunrise this morning.

Then the joiner arrived to fit it.  

Then my personal carer came to cleanse and moisturise, and dress me.

She left.  The door was done.


The garage door now opens and closes smoothly and locks and hopefully stays shut in the wind.  We never remember to lock it and anyway the Postie knows its not locked and can leave any parcels in there.

Then just as we had finished our lunch this huge lorry from Hotpoint appeared and parked next to our fence.  The broken one.



I was praying that no tractors arrived...

So he came in with his little bag of tools.  And announced that he could not remove the old, broken washing machine as the previous owners of the house had laid the laminate floor after installing the built in washing machine.  It would not come out of the hole without damaging the flooring.  He was not allowed to remove flooring and was about to go.  

I said we needed a working washing machine.  

At this point the DP insisted I left the premises as I was getting totally stressed.  So I did.

The weather today has been wonderful.  Not much wind, cold yes, sunny yes.


To the right.  Tiger Hill sand dune.


Kessock Burn entering the North Sea.



Fishing boats away on the hunt.  They went in different directions.


Blackheaded Gulls and Oystercatchers.  


Skurries (Herring Gulls.)



A dog enjoying the water and the sand...bet his owner was cursing him!


And this is what I returned to.  The new washing machine up and running in fact it hasnt stopped as the DP catches up with the mounds of washing.



So now we have to claim back the installation, removal of old which we have paid for.  Then get joiner to lift laminate flooring.  Get someone to remove old washing machine, which is still full of water.  Refit new washing machine, replace plinth, door to unit.  

Should I laugh or should I cry.

I painted whiskers on the Brown Hare and called it a day.


6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Lovely photos. Sounds like a bit of a frustrating day but I was smiling at the thought of you being sent off the premises as you were getting wound up. Perhaps your man thought you might take a pop at the awkward workman?!!! Or "Have Words" . . . (that latter would have been me). I am an Aries, with a short fuse.

justjill said...

I too am an Aries.

Joan (Devon) said...

It seems there are a few bloggers who are having a bad time at the moment. How long will it take for all the work to be finished to have your washing machine installed? Your DP seems to be a calming influence for you, I can see why you treasure him.

DUTA said...

Installation of a device always has to take into account the way of uninstalling it when the time comes.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I think you should wrap your Christmas present up properly or at least decorate it with some tinsel and put a bow on it. Perhaps a little Xmas tree on top would finish it off nicely!!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Kitchen man suggested I had a built in fridge to replace the free standing, I said the free standing was still going so kept it, now I'm glad as I've heard other problems with built in stuff being not so easy to build -out!
Good luck with all the fixing, hope it's done soon