Friday 23 November 2018

I am alive.

Feeling rejuvenated!  No more hospital tests looming.  Crack on.

Washed, moisturised and dressed by my lovely carer who has it all done in 30 minutes what would take me all morning.  Compression stocking off leg seen to and stocking back on.  The DP is getting much better now and he too can put it on with little struggle.  So happy me.   I did all my pulmonary physio exercises.  Including sit to stand, I wedged the wheeled chair!!

After lunch off to the Prom.


Windy and cold.  I got out of the car.



Nobody else around.


Not many of the Gull Gang.  The tide was beginning to go out.  Then it started to rain.  I did a very short walk.  Pacing myself as instructed....then back to the car.

Back home I cleared the decks and replaced the table cover with the new one.  These are washable material you buy from the roll at the local garden centre.  I have had better but the choices were limited as they had brought in the Christmas stock.  I couldn't stand looking at Reindeers and Father Christmases, so this was the plainest.


So all tidy.  For now!


The Brown Hare progressed a bit more today.  I also received some new watercolour pencils from the postman.  Very fat leads so be interesting to see how I go with them - 72 of them -  every shade of every colour - what fun!  I must finish the hare first.  I must finish....

Bit of a downer - our washing machine packed in rather dramatically.  And suddenly.  I have had washing machines packing in from bearings or whatever but this sounded like it was washing bricks and when we tried to move it on to spin it shrieked!  Rather than go through the wait for an engineer, and no idea how old the machine is as it was in situ when we moved in 7 years ago, we have decided to replace it.  

Argos came in cheapest as they take away the old one and fit the new one and its coming on Wednesday.  Currys etc the machine was cheaper,  but their charges for removing the old one and fitting the new one were then far higher than Argos.  Not something you want before Christmas but fortunately we have an emergency fund.  Just hope the cars or anything else doesnt start to scream!

I may be feeling better - mentally and physically - but I still do not have the breath to scream.


6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Glad to hear you are rejuvenated! I am fussy about fabrics too and agree, Christmas in May gives no pleasure . . .

Sorry about the washing machine but I am guessing 7 years is very geriatric for the sort they make these days - our old Hotpoint got to 17 before it finally popped its clogs.

Love that Brown Hare - you do have a way with your wildlife.

crafty cat corner said...

I swear I'm going to fly across the bedroom one of these nights taking those damn stockings off, lol
Isn't it annoying when all the stock disappears at Christmas and all the things you want have been replaced with tat.
The hare is looking good.
Briony
x

Connie said...

I do enjoy your pictures at the seaside whether the day is bright and sunny or a gray November. I feel happiness for you when you are able to go for a walk.

I'm wondering how many hours of daylight you have right now and approximately how many when we reach the winter solstice.

Anonymous said...

the table cover is a wise choice, I'm glad the stocking is easier to put on,, I wish you had the air to scream!!! your brown hare is coming to life beautifully!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Sounds like you have a new lease of life and raring to go - just remember the word 'pace' though.
Like the table cover and I agree about the Xmas versions - could be a bit much afetr a few days.

mamasmercantile said...

I'll scream for you, just what you don't need just before Christmas.