Wednesday 31 October 2018

Samhain - Halloween.

The DP measured my fat leg for the Compression stocking.  I phoned the measurements through to the GP Surgery.  May be at the chemists tomorrow.  Hmm.

Then it was phoning Breast Screening.  Telling them I don't do steps and why.  The woman said I would have to change my appointment to early morning as that is when the Porter is there to work the chair lift.  I don't do mornings, I am still taking medicines up to 10 a.m. Then she said I could come to Aberdeen.  Over an hour there and one back, no.  

So we ended up her asking me to try the steps.  Well that being the only option....so next Thursday.  

The Breast screening is in a mobile unit in the local hospital's car park.  My appointment remains at 13 minutes past 2 so I will probably have to be there at quarter to with the DP who will supervise my climb and who will then guard the chariot(walker).  I am sorely tempted, as this is my last call for breast screening to say stuff it.  





And then it was time for Sanity and Vitamin Sea.



A suitably spooky sky.



The Gull Gang by Kessock Burn.





Two rather good surfers.

Back home.  With all the medical stresses of this week I have not done any drawing and painting.  Fortunately I now have a photo which has triggered the creative juices.  Will make a start tomorrow -  hopefully.

So this afternoon I was in the Shedudio just looking out .  

In the right place at the right time.  We get thousands of Pink Footed Geese overwintering here, they roost at the local bird reserve, Strathbeg.  These hundreds had been feeding in a field just up the lane and went up and round ready to return to Strathbeg to roost.  A magic moment.






G'night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a truly wonderful sight to see, wow!

mamasmercantile said...

Wow! Now that is a feast for the eyes, what a stunning sight.

Mary Bolton said...

Well that is the question isn't it. When to declare no more mammogram.
Here is my "two cents"....if I could not handle any of the treatments that would be suggested by abnormal findings, I would say no more.

slimsdotter said...

I would think that it is not rocket science to operate that lift. Maybe someone will use common sense and operate it for you.