Friday 26 October 2018

Defeated.

By the weather!

Usual Friday morning.  Washed head to toe, hair washed too, and moisturised.  Did the pulmonary physio exercises.  

Ah the weather.  Strong to gale force winds and later the lashings of rain, sleet, dead leaves et al.



I stayed in the car.  Opened the window to take in the sea air.  Also to take photos.




Very rough sea.  All the boats were in the harbour.




But wait, the black head is a Surfer!  



This is a Surfer, and his board, struggling to get back out to surf back in again.  Mad.



Back to the Shedudio.  The DP had lit the woodburner so it was cosy in there.

It is that time of year again to be thinking of Christmas Cards.  So I began a painting from one of the DP'S photos of a Robin.  Who will be possibly be singing a Christmas Carol.  Or Christmas Song, havent thought yet of one that will make people smile.  I could do a Christmas Tree in the background and have him singing "Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree."???

The rat and I are still at war.  I use the chariot hooter whenever he/she appears.  He/she scoots off.  As I was painting and it got gloomy I put on the daylight lamp, well he/she did not like it at all.  I twisted it round so it 'glared' at the rat and that was it, didnt see the rat again.  

However the time has come for us to stop feeding the birds down by the shedudio and the rat will hopefully discover the lovely black box which contains quick death food.  I can then have my birds back.  They do come and feed until they see the rat.  Also it chased off the pheasants which have only just reappeared.

As I returned to the house I had to stop and take photos of the hanging baskets still blooming strongly.  Such a bargain they have been.  £5.99 from Home Bargains and have never stopped, and different flowers keep appearing.  All the DP has done is water and feed them.







They swing in the wind and creak.  But keep hanging on!

Unlike me not defeated by the weather.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I have noticed here that petunias have done particularly well this year.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Those baskets were certainly a good buy - you have got your monies worth this year.
I love Christmas cards with robins - I did a lino cut a couple of years ago and am thinking of doing another robin one this year but maybe more stylised or folksy this time either way it won't be as good as yours!
I think the surfer should really think twice about going out in such bad weather - not only putting himself at risk but any rescue team who may be called out to save him.

Chris said...

Love your new header photo - still the Big Sky but so colourful!

Anonymous said...

So much beauty in this post, that rough water, I love it, the colour is amazing, makes me want to paint right now! Your sheduio is amazing, perfect!