Tuesday 23 October 2018

Windy.

I hate the wind.  30 mph plus today and the gusts sheesh.

I was washed and moisturised this morning.  One of my twice weekly.  Head to toe. What would take me the whole morning and totally flatten me is done thoroughly in about half an hour - and dressed!  I even managed the Pulmonary physio exercises.

So - to the Prom.


I did not get out of the car.


As you can see from the flag the wind was heading off straight out to sea.


The boiling sea.



Not cold, not raining, but way too strong wind.

Earlier the DP went to Cairnbulg to get the newspaper and, as always, goes to look at the sea.  Remember the Sovereign, our wreck?


This is her today.

Back  home was much the same.  So into the Shedudio, stove lit and watched the garden birds.


On the patio drinking and bathing.  House sparrows.





House and Tree Sparrows feeding.  Lots of birds today and no sign of the Rats. 

Tomorrow I have to do the minutes of the last meeting before FASE5 Visual Arts Exhibition.  Our 'wash up' meeting is a week on Friday.  I shall then be retiring from being a secretary.

Windy again tomorrow but not quite as strong, only 20 mph plus, think I can cope with that.  Wind .................

5 comments:

rusty duck said...

I once flew into Inverness in a force 8 gale. The sea looked just like that. It was so bad the pilot stayed on the intercom all through the descent, talking us passengers down. I did wonder why he didn't have something more urgent to do.. Funnily enough I don't like wind either!

Anonymous said...

I hate the wind too, beautiful photos,,

mamasmercantile said...

It is a blowing a gale here, no ferries again. A joy to see the sparrows in the adorable bath.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Windy here too in West Yorkshire - not gale force but good for drying the towels. Sparrows are so cute - I have been watching a flock of Starlings demolish the berries on the Rowan tree next door.

Jacqui said...

Wonderful pictures! The waves on the wreck are incredible, and the little birds having a bath are beautiful!