Wednesday 17 October 2018

Wednesday.




Three Roe Deer this morning, two this evening.

Now trying to get to grips with stuff of mine to be entered into the exhibition.  Plus those of the DP.  He seems to have been landed with taking other peoples stuff in.  Ever the laid back helper.  It would drive me nuts.  I just had a message from someone who cannot be there at take down on Sunday evening.  So he will be bringing even more back.

Today I managed my pulmonary physio exercises and washed my hair.  Despite struggling to breathe when walking from chair to loo and back again, I sail through the pulmonary exercises.  Marching on the spot, weights on ankles raise legs, hold, weight on walking stick raise stick, step ups, arm weights up, in, front and to the side.  

Pushed myself to go to the Prom.


A beautiful day!  There was an Autumnal nip in the air.  But it was sunny, no wind.  Great.



Did my usual deep breathing.



Thanks to this pair not a bird to be seen on the beach.  They just charged from one side to the other.  And barked.


Small fishing boat coming in to the harbour.

Yesterday we had The Flying Dutchman in the harbour. She was there overnight.


This beautiful photograph was taken by my friend Mark Grant.

Later in the day I had my friend L visit.  She usually comes on Wednesday afternoons and paints.  She has now got her own studio but still visits.  She paints when she visits normally, but today she had been dealing with someone wanting to buy one of her sheep.  A Gotland Ram.


So they come look and the woman says, "  He isnt selling himself to me, he has small balls."
My friend points out that most of the sheep in the field next door, are his lambs so big or little he has proved himself.  At this point the woman said she was wanting him to cross with her Shetland Sheep, now they are little and the Gotland is big.  Would the Shetland be able to give birth to such a cross?  This had obviously not been considered.  So L did not sell her ram.  But no sheep was harmed.....


The Rooks are ready for bed - and so am I.

4 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Hmmm - sounds like the woman looking for a ram needed to learn a bit more about sheep keeping . . .

Fabulous pictures of the deer - you are lucky having them come so close to your home.

Loved the photo of the Flying Dutchman. One of my abiding memories of our holiday on Skye was that it coincided with the tall ships race and oh my goodness, they looked so at home just off the coast.

Glad you were able to do your pulmonary exercises even if the ordinary walking-breathing was difficult.

crafty cat corner said...

Lovely post, like the row of Rooks and the photo of the Ram.
Briony
x

kjsutcliffe said...

When we started a regular art exhibition on a wall in our local cafe, very quickly I noticed that folk who were happy to put up their art, were reluctant to come and collect it again so would ring or email me to collect for them and they would get from me at a later date.
I complied for a couple of times (I still have a box of art from one artist from 6 weeks ago ...) and got truly fed up with lugging others work around with no real benefit or genuine gratitude. SO now, when the email goes round to say that it is time to change art, this sentence is included in capital letters ...
IF YOU CAN NOT COLLECT OR DELIVER YOUR WORK, DO NOT BOOK A SPACE ON THE WALL, ALTERNATIVELY ARRANGE WITH ANOTHER ARTIST TO DO IT FOR YOU - I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST - thank you

It has stopped.

mamasmercantile said...

A joy to see the deer. Thankfully the ram wasn't sold... I really enjoyed the photo of the Flying Dutchman, a beautiful boat.