Thursday 25 October 2018

Getting colder...

Tomorrow it will be the rain/wind proof over trousers.


Very high tide, no doubt the full moon has something to do with that.


Today was a day for surfing.


I counted nine surfers.  Spread across the bay.


Some were better than others.



And some are champions.  Did you know the champion surfer comes from Fraserburgh!


This boat was apparently out on sea trials.  Looks very new and smart.


A friendly Black Headed Gull (in winter plumage, so no black head.)


Back home and in the Shedudio.  Nice to see our pheasants back in the garden.  Here is Mum with a teenage offspring.

So tis colder.  Clocks back at the weekend.  Winter is almost upon us.  Night night.

8 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Cold damp drizzly and dull here today - looking at those surfers sends chills down my spine. Good job you are all cosy with you log burner. Our Scottish pheasant just left us loads of droppings everywhere in the garden and they were huge but have not seen him for ages - perhaps in a pie by now!

Fishcake_random said...

I'm definitely feeling the season change these past few mornings. Bbbrrr. Time to pop the winter slippers and thick dressing gown out I think x

The Weaver of Grass said...

It is a year tomorrow since Imoved into my bungalow and the weather is going to be more or less the same from the forecast.

Sue in Suffolk said...

The forecast sounds like we are turning from Autumn to Winter very quickly this year.............. You might even get snow!

MarleneS said...

Yes winter is certainly just around the corner, a bit of a nip in the air here.

likeschocolate said...

I am impressed by the tenacity of those who swim in freezing cold water or in this case surf. Have a wonderful wekend!

mamasmercantile said...

The temperatures have certainly dropped here, we had a hailstone storm earlier. Winter is definitely on the horizon.

Bovey Belle said...

Colder here today, and a noticable wind when driving along the M4 motorway into England. A couple of heavies were so top-heavy and high I could see the wind really affecting them.

I hope your breathing is better today. Loved your photos - I think those people surfing must be made of sterner stuff than me - I am not a water baby and don't do cold!

Was the new boat called "Audacious"? I was trying to read what it said across the back.