Sunday 14 October 2018

Tweaking.

Sounds like a gentle pursuit. Tweaking.  Like arranging flowers in a vase.  But this is manic tweaking.  Ensuring I have bodies on the ground, setting up, welcoming, selling raffle tickets, counting the visitors with tearing off a raffle ticket, not to be mixed up with real raffle selling, telling people where to go, in the nicest possible way, and of course I will not be there. Not being a body on the ground.  I avoid crowds, for fear of infection.  There will be hordes of kids dragging parents, grandparents, siblings et al to view their amazing works of art that have been brought in in their hundreds in response to the Community Challenge.  Fraserburgh Flyers. We have everything that flies, tho I do not remember seeing any pink flamingos on the beach......You will see photographs.  After the event.  The DP will see to that for me.  I have seen some of the work of the kids in two schools, every child in the two schools, as I said hundreds.  Plus, Brownies, Rainbows, nurseries, Sunday Schools, Mind blowing.

To the Prom.



A very dull and cloudy day.  No wind, no sun, no rain and it was not cold.



So quite pleasant for me to have a gentle amble up and down the Esplanade.



Someone has been very naughty on Tiger Hill.  All wheeled machines are banned from the dunes and beach.  Hmmm.  Not sure how they got round the barriers.



A few surfers, it being Sunday afternoon, but not much surf.



The icing on my cake, Oystercatchers came flying in as I was heading back to the car.






The last 3 photos have been 'enhanced'  for me to paint from.  Go backwards to the untouched one and you see how cloudy and dull it was in reality.

Later this evening.



I cannot tweak this one much, dusk, and it is a Hare.  Just over our fence.

Now I am ready to be tweaked.  Absolutely t i r e d  o u t.

6 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Love the middle enhanced picture of the Oyster catchers with the reflection and the way they are in line with each other.
Heard on the TV news today the threat to the Hares of myxomatosis - such an awful thing.
Have a good rest.

Bovey Belle said...

Sleep well Jill. Glad you got a good dose of sea air today, and those lovely Oystercatchers. I can't wait to see your photos turn into paintings.

Don't overdo things for the Exhibition. Let others take some of the strain too. Know how you feel about crowds and infections . . .

Jean. said...

A grey day, no sun, no wind, no rain, and stillness, .....I call them Nothing Days. At least you could hear the waves, music to my ears.
On a very sad note, I heard on the news last night that in one part of Britain, myxomatosis has now crossed species and hares have become infected. A cruel and terrible man made disease.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful! The light in the first few is just amazing, always beautiful,

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness that sounds like a lot of tweaking, so much to do. Do take care of yourself.

Gail, northern California said...

Can't wait to see DP's photos of Everything That Flies. Thank him for me, please. The hall will surely look festive!

Good job, by the way.