Monday 22 October 2018

Ups and Downs.

Welcome  Jacqui. I am a self taught amateur painter.  Just enjoy.

This morning all the stress had gone, my sister in law, love her to bits, had gone.  Feeling good.

To the surgery for my pressure thing on ankle to be dressed by the nurse.  She started ranting about it wasn't healing and she was concerned about my breathing - LACK OF OXYGEN FOR BOTH!  Where are the Oxygen team?   She then went to look at my file and started reading out from a letter from the consultant to my GP, got halfway through this list of what was going to happen to me, then realised my GP hadn't actually read the letter.........It was dated today.  You could see her biting her tongue and the indrawn breath said it all !  None of this made me feel any better!  A down.  I am still waiting for the Oxygen team.

Leaving all that behind the DP and I went to the Prom.



It was quite windy, so coat and hat on.



A surfer, you can see the wind taking the surf froth the other way.



More surfers and a paddle surfer.



Fishing Boat coming into harbour.



The Kessock Burn now heading towards the sea in its usual direction having carved out a deep channel.  



A selection from the gathered Oystercatchers.



The DP took this amazing photo.



How about that then!  Is not that amazing?  Line dancing!  In Sequence.  An up.  If I did a painting of that no-one would believe I hadn't used artistic licence.  Well you cant beat Nature.



Into the Shedudio.  Fire lit.  My 3 browsers back from the exhibition and refilled.  Still to rehang the framed paintings.



The big down.  

It is Winter on its way.  

Black box out and filled.  

Sithcat is no good, he saw it and discreetly went back up to the house.  We live in the country.  I welcome in most things to my garden but not this one.  Many years ago when I was training to be a nursery nurse, part of the training was to be a classroom assistant which involved looking after the school pets.  I said I would lick the fish tank clean rather than look after the rats.  Watching this one pursue a Blackbird with murderous intent and every ground feeding bird cleared off war was declared. Big Down.  But we have been here before.

Life is really all about ups and downs.  Keeps you going.  Never bored!




8 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

LOVE the photo of the Oystercatchers. That is one SERIOUS lens!!

Glad you got some sea air and hopefully your oxygen levels will improve now the stress is behind you.

Anonymous said...

you just keep going to the prom and leave the rest to lay where it will, no one can define you by your illness and you're doing all you can, an inspiration you are and yes they would never believe if you painted that line up,, its incredible,, love that!!!

Jacqui said...

Hello Jill, I love the sea pictures, especially the surfer - a wonderful pic - they all make me feel as though I'm there, at the seaside - I can almost smell the surf. The oystercatchers couldn't have arranged themselves better, either. Your studio is lovely - bright and light and cheerful and with a cosy fire to boot. What a great place to paint in. I agree wholeheartedly that life is about ups and downs - I've always thought that living by the sea must be a real tonic.

Mary Bolton said...

Never miss reading your posts! The photos of wild life and ocean are a pleasure. We put out our feeders here in Massachusetts for the winter.
Have not seen a rat enjoying the split seed yet....hopefully the grey squirrels will keep them away! Hang in there!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Blimey - big camera lens. I wobble with just the bit that pops out the front of mine! and the photo of line dancing oyster catchers is brilliant. He could enter in the Country file calendar competition as it would make a good calendar photo better than some they choose.

keep breathing that sea air

kjsutcliffe said...

I am with you on the rats - don't mind them as animals - just dont want them in with my hens or round my bird table - they are not invited.
Hope things get sorted on the oxygen level - I do have a suggestion - tell them you will take up scuba diving lessons - coz they give you oxygen tanks!
I envy your fire - sitting in my studio now, although have my convector heater on and I can feel it beginning to warm the air, there is nothing a deliciously warm and a real fire.

mamasmercantile said...

Loved the line dancing Oyster catchers, what a great photo.

hart said...

I love the line dancing birds, just asking to have their picture taken.