Wednesday 28 February 2018

Can I press the delete snow button?

One day I have been incarcerated.  Already stir crazy.

Here is a video of the birds outside.  I am not very good at videos.

The DP went out this morning for the paper.  These are his photos of our road.



Since then it has been sunny, then more snow, strong wind and repeat and repeat.  Still at it now and forecast from now on and tomorrow.

It has been so cold we have had central heating on and electric fire and now wood burner.  And I was doing so well keeping the electric bill down...


My walk today, to the shedudio.  


I got down okay, the wind had cleared the path, but ended up in a drift at the bottom of the slope.  So the DP came and removed it.

I started to paint Dyson the Pheasant.  He is named Dyson as he, like all pheasants, vacuums up the bird food.  


I then discovered for the first time ever the water pipe was frozen.  So I could not change my water, after using up what was in the kettle.

So I watched the birds.  It was quite funny to see a lot of them acting like Oystercatchers, standing on one leg, and warming up the other.



My youngest works at Edinburgh airport where many of the flights were cancelled.  So got home on one of the few buses running.

The grandchildren's schools were closed, this was in Lincoln and Edinburgh.  The eldest lectures and researches at Edinburgh University that is closed tomorrow as are the schools again.  Schools are closed up here and many of the roads are closed.  Towns and cities have opened up places for the homeless to go to.  

I am thankful I am home and in the warm.  But would so like to be able to get out tomorrow.  Unfortunately there is not a snow button to delete.

4 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

I was fortunate I could get down to my studio - but was stupid enough to go in 'girl' shoes when I should have put on boots! We have had loads of snow but not as windy as you. Our larger birds kept ploughing through the snow leaving trenches which the smaller birds then used! The blackbirds would land on the snow and vanish!
With the weather like it has been, my human visitors have tailed off the trade off was I managed to get loads done!
Stay safe and keep warm x

DUTA said...

Let's not delete anything that belongs to Nature. It's furious and wants to delete us, which is no problem for It at all (just think about the zunamis waiting for their chance to swallow islands). So, let's wait patiently for Nature to calm down.

Chris said...

Sounds pretty drastic. I don't envy you one bit. We are having almost Spring-like weather but it isn't going to last!

Anonymous said...

naming that bird Dyson,, OMG,, thats hilarious,,
some crazy weather you have going on,, I hope your pipes don't burst!!