Tuesday 27 February 2018

I am going slightly mad.

We had a sprinkle of snow.  Strong wind and very, very cold.  My back was reminding me I have a spine fracture in there and crumbling vertebrae despite Calcium and Vitamin D pills twice a day and a monthly thing, which I take first thing and then have to wait an hour before eating.  Why?  Because I am told to.

Also told to exercise regularly.  Banned from the Pulmonary physio exercises at the moment as this could cause my cataract operated eye to bulge or something.  So I decide to go for the walk on the Prom.  Mad.


I got out of the car.  I walked to the railings.  I clung on to the railings.  I photographed the sea.


I photographed the Oystercatchers sheltering by the rocks.


The Scurries/Herring Gulls paddling and bathing.


A beautiful beach with no other human to be seen.  Realised I was mad.

So I got back into the car and drove home.


The sky on the way homeward.  The hill in the distance is Mormond Hill.  Snow covered in parts.

In to the shedudio.  A bit of painting.  Lots of bird watching.  Just look at this Pheasant.


His name is Dyson!



Little and large.


Amazing artistic inspiration.

It is now snowing.  Forecast is for it to snow from now until Saturday night.  Shall I venture out tomorrow?  Depends on the level of madness.



8 comments:

Jean said...

Your photos are beautiful.

Chris said...

Love the pheasant photos. He is a very handsome fellow. Why the name Dyson?

Jean. said...

I don't know about tomorrow, but I don't think you were mad today, I'd have been there with you ! Love the pheasant, such beautiful colours, we have them in our garden too. By the way, I'm a different Jean to the sunflower one !

Penny said...

Sometimes it pays to be mad. Lovely photo of the pheasant.

vic said...


Wow! Dyson is just gorgeous! How did he get his name? Does he hoover up the seed like the dyson vacuum?

Terra said...

Look at those lovely feathers.

kjsutcliffe said...

The detail on those feathers is amazing - yes - good inspiration :)

Minigranny said...

You may be mad but you're determined in your madness - which is a good thing! The pheasant is beautiful.