Wednesday 14 February 2018

Enough!

No more Winter.  I have had enough.

Today we have had strong winds.  Gusting to 50 mph -  plus.  Horizontal sleet.  It it were snow at least it would look pretty.  So COLD.

So no trip to the Prom today.

As it was I had waterproof trousers on, four layers on the top half, woolly hat, gloves, boots, sunglasses to protect the operation site, and that was just to get down to the shedudio.  Thank goodness no-one had a camera.



Most of the clippings the DP had piled up on the patio have removed themselves.  As has my glass topped patio table which is upside down under a tree.  Just hoping it hasnt cracked.

It was nice and cosy warm with the woodburner.  Although the doors to the shedudio rattled alarmingly.  I am now googling replacement double glazed doors for a summer house which of course, but to my surprise, you can actually get.  Haven't dared look as far as price of.

So sunglasses off.  I did some painting.


I am about ready to start on his competitor on the territorial front.  The photograph shows the other one in retreat.  I am hoping I can flip the photo so they are beak to beak not sure my technical skills are up to that but worth a try as it would make a better picture!

Weather forecast is better tomorrow.  Wind dying down - well - manageable - and no snow, rain or sleet.


4 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Yes my summerhouse door rattles too when it is windy and yes I am fed up with winter too :(

Chris said...

We are just over half way through Winter although the melt started today with blue skies and above average temperatures. Hope your weather improves tomorrow.

Gail, northern California said...

Life goes on and you handle it admirably...no matter what is thrown at you.

Anonymous said...

wow, that was some wind,, I'm sick of winter also,, had enough,, ready for spring but we have about four feet of snow that needs to melt on our ground,,, beautiful painting!