Saturday 24 February 2018

Winter is to return

I wasn't aware it had gone.  It is only February, just.  Snow is forecast Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday.  Tomorrow is overcast but the wind has dropped.  Which it had not today.  Bitter cold and wind gusting to over 30 mph.  My walk was a very short one.  But lots of hanging over railings and deep breathing the clean air.  All good.


Just a walk, a short walk, brings back my sanity.


The Gull Gang gathers.  I watched two Herring Gulls, 'Skurries' in the sea doing head bobbing, rising from the sea and back down again one after the other.  Soon be Spring!  Black Headed Gulls are becoming Black Headed.  We have Male Pheasants in the garden putting on threatening displays to each other.  


Most of the birds today were working out how to avoid the prevailing wind which was whisking up sand from the beach.


At first I thought this was some sort of religious gathering, then I noticed they all had Pug dogs.  A Pug Party!


Back home, more hanging of paintings and sorting.  Hoping to have an Easter opening of the shedudio.


In the garden lots of pairs of birds, time to clean out the nest boxes.


We have two pairs of Robins.  Great Tits, Blue Tits, Coal Tits, Chaffinches, Tree Sparrows, House Sparrows, Goldfinches.  Waiting for Red Polls, Greenfinches and Siskins.

Had an oil delivery 2/3rd of the tank filled. Just over £300.  Should see us through for quite a few months.   And logs being delivered tomorrow, should be under a £100.   Now I have the woodburner in the shedudio the Electric bill is going down.  So all set for the return/continuation of Winter.

My eye is still having 2 different drops four times a day.  After tomorrow I go down to one drop 4 times a day.  I washed my hair. I have to stay off lifting weights for my pulmonary physio for a while.  So thinking positive.  Well trying to!

2 comments:

Jean. said...

Your remark about deep breathing the clean air, ooo, I could almost smell it. I adore the sea. When I go on holiday or even just for a day to the coast, the first thing I do on arrival is take deep breaths and fill my lungs with the clean, fresh sea air. I also do it again before leaving the coast, so as to leave a lasting memory to see me through the winter months. How lovely to be able to do it every day.
I'm a recent discoverer of your blog and and paintings, so please forgive me if I'm asking something that others already know, but is it you or your husband who is the photographer, or you?

kjsutcliffe said...

You studio is looking very inviting - hope the weather, although going to be dreadful - is manageable xx