Monday 26 February 2018

Monday mixture.

We have had sun shining all day.  Very cold, in fact my brain froze.


My walk this afternoon.  Beautiful is it not.  But boy, was it cold.


Herring Gulls having a paddle.


My favourite posers, the Oystercatchers.


Photos taken by the DP.  The Grey Partridge pair continue to visit the garden.


Two male Pheasants squaring off.

Despite the cold the birds are aware of the season.  We have had Valentines Day, so they are all pairing off.  These two are deciding who is to be the dominant male roond and aboot.


You can more or less see who is going to win!


This is a Dunnock.  It was thought to be a type of Sparrow, but is more like a Robin.  We have three pairs in the garden.  Tomorrow the DP is to sort out, clean and possibly add to nest boxes.

I continue to sort out the shedudio and do a bit of painting.  I hope to be open at Easter.

Mountain Hare on the drawing board.

And more hanging in the Shedudio.


I had hoped to get out again tomorrow for a gallop along the Prom but the weathr forecast is changing by the minute.  Whereas earlier it was dull, but low wind, very cold, I could cope with.  Now the wind speed is forecast much stronger so unless it changes again I will be confined to barracks.  So it will be down the shedudio for more sorting and painting and hanging.  And of course more bird watching.


Only one eye drop, four times a day. Yay.  

2 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Wish I lived close by. I would definitely attend your Easter exhibit and sale.

e said...

Glad to see you getting out despite the cold and still painting.