Saturday 10 February 2018

Speedy Gonzales

Is now employed by the NHS.  I had a phone call this morning from the hospital.  My first thought was it is going to be cancelled.  But no.  I was asked when my appointment was and replied "12 noon."  Could I come in earlier as the person doing the operations was much quicker than the usual. They were operating today and tomorrow.   Well I was stunned and didnt really know how to respond!  I said yes of course.  I would get in for 11 or possibly earlier.  Right then. 
I am still in panic mode.  I like to be in control.  I had it all planned.  What time to set off, it can take over an hour to get to the hospital and then there's the parking.  Now I am up in the air.  The DP says calmly we just set off when we are ready......After breakfast.

Trying to calm myself I went down to the Prom.



I looked at birds.



And more birds.





Fishing boats.



Home again.  I watched the flames, admired my new poker set.



Checked the new safety alarm.




Did some painting.




But still feel like a stretched elastic band.

Hope Speedy Gonzales hasnt got fed up and gone home.  I also hope I can sleep tonight.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Sending hugs. My ear op is soon so I get how you're feeling. L.x.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for tomorrow. It will soon be over.

Joan (Devon)

DUTA said...

Better to be there earlier, in any case.
Superb paintings!!
Have a successful day tomorrow!

SandyExpat said...

You are blessed with having DP in your life. This time tomorrow it will all be over. I wish you all the best. You are such an inspiration to me the way you are so determined.

Anonymous said...

deep breaths,, you'll be fine, this time tomorrow it will be all over,,

Marjorie said...

Hugs. I too get bothered when my plans are changed like that. Hugs.

Scarlet said...

Thinking of you. It will all be over very soon and you'll be back home with your feet up in your lovely new chair.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Good luck with it all.

vic said...

Here's hoping (and expecting) that you are through the operation and everything is going well. So nice to have that behind you and good clear, sharp seeing ahead of you.