Tuesday 20 February 2018

Scared.

Still too scared to wash my hair.  Did some exercises but dare not lift any weights.  But what about hoiking the chariot into and out of the car?  I have been zooming up and down Google.  Apparently within 2 days in India you can be back at work.  Whether that is lifting weights I know not .  No -one actually says how many days before you can resume normal life.  Including pulmonary physio, the weights I use are 1.5 lbs.  I really do not remember any of this for the first Bionic eye.

Took myself off to the Prom.


Fair bit of wind.




My favourite dog.  

Back home and into the shedudio.  Out of the window is the pile of branches from the now totally removed Lilac Bush/tree.  I think we should leave said branches as this afternoon they were aglow with colour from the birds.



Using the branches as cover and sunbathing too.  There is nothing else in that corner of the garden.  We may well move some of the mole hills down there and plant some wild life friendly seeds and leave the branches too.  I have plans for  a wildlife pond which this garden lacks, and every previous garden we have had has had one.... Watch this space.

Back inside.  Sith Cat decided to sit on the new chairs.  Taken a while.


He then decided to try the other one out.


We are now on day 2 of our road closure.  


We are the yellow blob.  Today we had an oil delivery, our bins were emptied, and my neighbour across the field came home from work down the red bit.  No sign of any activity to said road.  And farmers are zooming up and down moving bales.  I give up.  Being scared.

4 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

how about treating yourself to a visit to the hair dresser, let them do your hair for you, so you can lie back and keep your eye away from any water x

SandyExpat said...

I would wait with washing your hair. Send hubby to purchase you some of that dry shampoo they make. As you said before you still need to wear a hat so who cares!

I would feel happier if you did have hubby drive you for your walk and lift out the chariot. Don't risk your eye healing properly.

Love your chairs and the attitude of your cat. Firts right in with you!

Jean. said...

A friend and neighbour of ours had eye operations. He was told that he could not fly for some considerable time. My husband spent last summer cutting his hedge for him, as he wasn't allowed to use the petrol hedge trimmer due to the vibrations. I am surprised that you weren't given a leaflet of do and don'ts when you left the hospital. As for your hair, couldn't you get someone to carefully help you, whilst sitting with the back of your head over the sink like they do in hairdressers? You would need a towel to cushion your neck, and silly as it may sound, could you not use some sort of goggles, perhaps swimming goggles? I have not been in your situation but I do understand your fear. By the way, how lovely to be so close to the sea that you can pop out for a stroll along the prom. Jean.

Chris said...

The chairs look very comfy - I can see why Sith cat is enjoying them!