Saturday 2 May 2020

I think it is Saturday.

But not sure.

Thrown a bit by the postie delivering and I thought they were stopping Saturday deliveries.  My attendance allowance has increased.  I expect the grass cutting to do the same so.....


Also got this which made me tearful.





Not another soul at the Prom.  Plugged into the oxygen and marched up and back again.


More painting and the photos above give me more inspiration.


A Song Thrush on top of the Telegraph pole.  We have a pair visiting the garden.  Plenty nest space so fingers crossed.

Had a lovely chat to a chap from the help line for us oldies.  Food boxes will be sorted out and if the Tesco delivery goes ok I have to text STOP BOXES.  

So a fairly positive day.  Not helped by confusing messages on every news bulletin from the government.

8 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I loved the first photo of the gulls - very shimmery. Is that the one that makes you want to paint it?

Glad you had the place to yourself again anyway.

I lost a day again this week too (it is normally a Wednesday!) I usually go to my Patchwork class on a Weds, so that's what's thrown me.

busybusybeejay said...

How lovely to be able to take that stroll and take in the sea air.

Chris said...

I like your new header photo. It is definitely Saturday as it rained here (I do my laundry on a Saturday!).

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Lovely card, I had a letter from my granddaughter yesterday - this is one of the many good things about the lockdown - postal communication.

thelma said...

Every morning I look at your photos of your promenade walk and love the quiet peace of the gulls. Glimpses of the sea are a tonic in this shutdown.

Jules said...

The card is so lovely. It must have made your day. X

mamasmercantile said...

What a great card. We have finally got a tesco delivery slot too for that I am thankful our store cupboard is looking grim.

The Happy Whisk said...

Good tears are fun. Happy days here and ahead.