Friday 15 May 2020

Friday.

Another week almost gone.  Friday my carer comes to wash, moisturise and dress me top to toe.  We both comment on the grey hair I now have as missing my hairdresser.  My carer A is 26.  I am 71.  We get on fine.  

She was telling me about a t.v. programme she had watched about the Corona Virus being planned.  I asked, "Herd Immunity?"  " Aye."  "To get rid of all the old folk."

She gave me an old fashioned look.  " It disnae work."  We both laughed fit to burst.


Food boxes.  Still havent had any.  Last night I had a phone call from a Labour Member of the Scottish Parliament's staff,  How was I doing?  I outlined the problem of the food boxes.  This morning I had a phone call from the Council department responsible who has promised to get it sorted.  I vote Labour anyway but every little helps!

Physical and Mental Health.




I did my walk.  Avoided a huddle of small children.  Three families of - hmmm.

No Oystercatchers on the beach nowadays as all are tending to young.  Some as always nest in the graveyards, all that gravel, perfect.  Here is a parent taking a break on the cemetery wall.


I have started another painting.  A group of Gulls.


Patience - more tomorrow.

I could let the whole Corona stuff swamp me and depress me.  Despair.   But what good would that do.  I am better off, ones I love are better off if I refuse.  IT DISNAE WORK.

6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

That was good of your Labour member to call and check if you're OK and I'm glad you were able to mention the missing food boxes. Sounds like they have sorted it for you now anyway.

Love the new painting and the sea views. Missing the latter right now.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Hope you get the food boxes sorted - sounds a bit hit and miss.
You are being so productive at the moment I am loving seeing your new work. x

Jackie said...

The gull gang seems to be getting along very well.

God bless.

Christine H Hancock said...

Lovely photos, you're very talented.

Sandi said...

Love the photos! 😃

Cheryl said...

I am a long time reader and love your gorgeous art, beautiful photos and positive attitude.