Monday 30 March 2020

The Prom

Everyone here knows I love the Prom.  Its good and safe for me to walk, on the level and no danger of being mown down by a speeding car on a narrow country lane. Good for my physical and mental health.   So we went today.  

The DP stayed in the car( he doesnt approve, but has been married to me for almost 40 years so !,  while I did my walk to the railings and breathed deep breaths of sea air.





It was a beautiful day.  Not much wind and sunny.


Not many people to avoid.

While I was leaning on the railings the police arrived again.  Not sure whether it was the same police woman but one approached the DP sitting in the car and asked the questions.  She suggested that I phoned my GP and got a letter stating the health reasons for my being there.  Whoa a brain.  So on our return I phoned the surgery.  Very helpful person answered my call and will ask the doctor tomorrow and re the missing letter that I should have had by today.  She said she had seen something about it on the tele but they knew nothing about it in the surgery........

Fingers crossed.  If I get the letter, which I am quite happy to pay for, I can show that to the police.  Also one of my local councillors who has torn me off a strip on a private message on facebook.  She knows nothing of my health issues.  Hmmmm.  I just want to walk on the Prom, nowhere near anyone else, there are hardly any people on the Prom nowadays.  All the dogwalkers who arrive in cars have been cleared off by the police...

I got down to the Shedudio.  



Paints and the beginning of a 'Pole Cat'!

Stay safe everyone.  Hope to be back on the Prom.


7 comments:

Terra said...

I hope that letter arrives quickly for you. I don't see why people can not be allowed to walk alone or with people they live with, in places like the Prom and beaches. So far, I am walking with Bounce twice a day in my neighborhood and it is legal. Everyone keeps their 6 foot distance. Take care!

Jackie said...

I do hope you get your letter. That will make things so much easier for you.

God bless.

vic said...

That's a wonderful picture of the cat. I love the swirl effect of his head, back and tail. It should make a great painting.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Lovely to see the prom pictures still on your blog - sorry not commenting much recently - have not been posting either - too much going on here.
Stay safe x

crafty cat corner said...

omg, I am fed up with some of the pettiness that is going on. We would like to drive to the prom and literally just sit in the car (even with the windows closed) just to get a change of view but we are not allowed to. For heavens sake, how are we going to spread or catch the virus in the car?
I do hope you get that letter and if it were me I would past it into Face book, that should shut them up.
Briony
x

Jules said...

I suppose having the letter will make things easier for you. Is it your travelling there by car that they have issue with? X

mamasmercantile said...

It was on the local news today that the letters had just been started to be sent out in Scotland. Hopefully yours will arrive soon. Stay safe.