Monday 9 March 2020

My Happy Place.

I do have more than one.  Home, the Shedudio.  But its the Prom which ticks all the boxes.  The sea.  The Boats.  The Birds.  The lovely clean sea air.









Lots of boats today.

The sun came out there was hardly any wind.  Not too cold either.  Lovely.




I walked.  Had a chat with a few dogs including this lovely three legged Spaniel.






This is how it was.  Not sure I would have liked it as much as I do now!!

Back home I got back to the drawing board - at last.



Not one of my best, but its a start.



Outside a Blackbird singing on the wire.

Morag you asked about us oldies being told to stay home.  It was in most of the press.  Announcement was to be made this week.  We shall see....

I am not too old to fight!

6 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

This last photo reminds me of the Leonard Cohen song - "Like a bird on a wire, like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Be well JustJill! Be well.

Bovey Belle said...

I thought the last picture was a silhouette you had drawn. Glad you are back to your art again, and glad that the Prom brings you so much simple pleasure. It looks like it used to be SO busy.

Marjorie said...

Love Thickethouse comment on the blackbird pix. I love your thread. I spent a lot of my life walking alongside an ocean and so miss the salt air and the shorebirds, particularly the oystercatchers. Thank you.

Lynda said...

I’m trying not to go out and about as much, but I do go to ride my horse every day...none of us are very close to each other..just our horses!
I’ve been looking at my weather app and the U.K. air quality is much better than here in the US..I could appreciate that when I was over a few weeks ago. Your coastlines are gorgeous..I don’t blame you for going!

Susan Heather said...

I thought the beach was in the countryside not all those buildings. Can we please see what the old view looks like now? Thank you and, yes, be well.

Morag said...

Thanks Jill. I don't buy a daily paper and I should really be making a point of watching the Scottish news. I did have a look at the Scottish Government online advice.

I'm so glad to see you are making art again. I don't live near the coast and it gives me great pleasure to see your photos of the boats, the birds and the surfers. And the everyday shifting of the burn and the sand. Our family's happy place when the children were small was the beaches of the East Neuk of Fife. Both my girls have chosen to live by the sea, as adults. All those bucket and spade holidays left a love of the beach! Distant shores though. All the more precious when we get to see each other.