Sunday 29 March 2020

The exception that broke the rule.

That is me folks.  I think I always suspected it!  We went to the Prom today.  Parked up and were joined by a Police van.  Then a policeman who asked why we were there.  "To breathe."  I replied.  The DP explained where we lived and that me, the chariot on narrow country lanes on a slope and cars doing 60 mph were not conducive to my health, or survival, to exercise.  The chariot was explained and that it contained my oxygen tank.  The policeman was very pleasant. Handed over this


He had done his job and I thanked him.

I then walked with the chariot to the railings and began the deep breathing.  So then there is a Policewoman at my elbow.  I pointed out she was standing way too near to me and she stepped back.  I explained again why I was there.  She said, "You are the exception to the rule."  And returned to her Police Car.  I was just about to set off walking when a third police car arrived.  This time my car registration number was checked and they left.  Presumably I am now on police records as the exception to the rule.  Had he approached me he might have heard me muttering the word 'harrassment.....'


The Redshank and I had our walk.




Said hello to the Gull Gang.

Then came home.  The Highland Cows continue to calve.  Here is the latest.


My daily drawing board.



My temporary work space in the dining room.

The mysterious letter.  Well it should arrive tomorrow.  If not you have to contact your G.P. or Consultant.  Apparently in England you can self refer.  Not in Scotland.  Look at comments on yesterdays post from Lynne tells you the web site for England.

Good luck everyone.  We need it in these trying times.  But our police people are wonderful.

11 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Hah! They've got your number!! Glad that you are the exception to the rule and I am sure that you are too! They obviously didn't have a great deal to do if there's 3 of them out and about . . .

Chris said...

That's telling them! Keep on keeping on.

Marjorie said...

I have always thought of you as exceptional and it is nice the police now recognize it too. Your oystercatchers would have been missing you otherwise. I hope the letter does show tomorrow. Hugs.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your photograph of that Highland calf was a highlight of my day. That was the cutest calf I have ever seen!

I'm happy for you that you are still being allowed to go out to the Prom.

RunNRose said...

Good for you that you are not intimidated and will continue visiting the prom daily. I am so HAPPY that you have found a way to do your
drawing/painting at home, without a trip to the Shedudio. Seeing the wonderful art that you create is my favorite part of your blog.
Thank you for sharing. Your world and your art.

Jackie said...

Yea you on being the exception. Enjoy your time on the prom.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

3 police people! Blimey they are keen. It would be a VERY rare occurrence to see that number in Suffolk even if you robbed a bank! - although I'd better not try and find out I guess.

janipi said...

You are definitely using the car for health reasons. Keep breathing that good air. :)

mamasmercantile said...

There is always one...lol!!! What a joy to see the calf. The lambs are been born locally such a joy to see life continue as normal. Stay safe.

kjsutcliffe said...

it tickled me that you were 'done' three times. I am yet to see a policeman doing that round here, mind you, I yet to see the police full stop!

Keep safe and keep the police busy :)

SusanM said...

Jill, just heard about this which may be of use to you:

Grampian Assistance Hub for Coronavirus visit www.GCAH.org.uk


Very sweet baby coo! I hope that you can keep going to the prom, you need it.