Thursday 12 September 2019

Thursday.

Another day of breathing struggle.  Checked the humidity levels - way up.

Moving on.  The DP drove today to the Prom.  He had done all the shopping in the morning.



Big fishing boat going into the harbour past the Golden Horn, harbour beacon.




A couple of small boats.  Lobster and Partlin boats.  Partlin are crabs.  See I am learning the Doric.



Kessock Burn enters the North Sea.  Where the Gull Gang hang out.






Mainly Skurries.  Herring Gulls.  Pink legs.

Then these two hove into view.




With this beautiful dog.  Which did a poo.  The two women looked round and then kicked some sand over the poo.

I was incensed.  We have kids playing on that beach who can be blinded by contact with dog poo.  So I posted the photos on my facebook page.  Picked up by my friend a local councillor.  She alerted the Community Wardens so I am now waiting for a visit from the Community Wardens who want a statement from me.  I have never seen these two women and dog before.  But the CW seem to think they can find them and fine them.  Meanwhile my friend has posted it on her facebook and its gone viral.  It is such a shame as everyone else I see with a dog cleans up after them.  It isnt the dogs fault.  But I fear unpleasantness.  Did I do right?

Tonight the sunset was earlier - at 7.30.  Not long now before we have Winter and the longest night on the 21st December, I think.





Earlier we had a visit from a Sparrowhawk.

I was amused by this Sparrows response.



It hid.

7 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

The dog poo problem is huge now - not many people seem that bothered about it but I know someone whose little girl is blind now through picking up a ball that had landed in a patch of grass where there had been dog poo -so I am rather wary of letting my grandchildren play ball in the park. I think you did the right thing.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The way the world is now, I'd want to tell the dog owners to please get the poo out of there, it contaminates the beach where children play, and Then I'd run for cover. Your way is safer.

Jackie said...

You did the right thing. I often see people walking their dog (or dogs) here in my city. Most do pick up, but there are always a few that don't. I usually say, "I do hope you plan on picking that up." I get lots of dirty looks, but don't really care.

God bless.

kjsutcliffe said...

We have a similar problem in the village - a small minority spoiling it for the remainder. Quite few years back there was fresh dog poo every morning on the route to the primary school and after contacting the dog warden etc and the offender still letting his dog mess for weeks and weeks, the parents posted lookout folk with cameras and caught the chap and his dog in action - took several photos over several days - took it to the dog warden as proof..... their response? Oh -its 'him' he's been prosecuted before.

He'd been hounded (no pun intended) by the last lot of annoyed folk who'd got fed up with his behaviour so he'd altered his route to go via the school.
Did the dog warden do anything? To be honest, I don't know however I do know the folk living on the school route made sure they watched him and yelled at him to pick it up - after a few days - he changed his route again. But he never picked up :(
As for the photographic proof? The parents were told they were in breach of some law for invading privacy ...... you can't win!

busybusybeejay said...

Dog poo is such a problem and these days everyone seems to have a dog!!!Keep us posted .
Lovely sunset photos.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame that a few spoil it for the majority of dog owners who are responsible. You certainly did do the right thing. Hopefully they will be caught and learn a lesson. Hope the breathing gets easier.

Jean said...

My daughter has dogs and she always picks up the poo but it is annoying that we see so much that other people have left. One of her neighbours left the poo and we watched from a distance as another neighbor stood over her to make sure she picked it up.