Thursday 2 May 2019

The Full Monty - in reverse!


Put your hat on.... gloves, boots and thick coat.  One weather extreme to another.



Windy, cold, showers, including hail, I walked.



No people, plenty Gulls.  I like it.



Lesser Black Backed and Herring Gulls, Skurries.



Back home and in the Shedudio.  Bird watching.  Here we have from the left Siskin, Goldfinch and Lesser Redpoll.



Lesser Redpoll on the ground.



More on the Tulips.  Tomorrow I am going to pull this one together.  It is too bitty as is.

So, the DP is out tonight with some of the members of the Fraserburgh Photographic Society to the RSPB Loch of Strathbeg where they hope to see Badgers.  Armed with peanuts and chopped apple.  Hmm.

I was watching a very old Midsomer Murders when the interior roof of the woodburning stove fell down.  Fortunately it was at the stage where it needed more wood, so I left it to burn out.  This is the second time it has done this.  The DP managed to fit the roof back.  But I have now messaged our man who does stoves and he is coming tomorrow.  Bless.

Progress on another front is our garden designer has sent her quote for drawing up plans etc.  Her design brief is spot on so off we go.  Exciting int it.  Main point being I will have access to all the garden.  At the moment I can access the Shedudio and back and thats it.

So the DP is back. They saw a Badger!



Sunset tonight.  

4 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Ha - it's been sunny here - don't send us your cold weather - too much gardening to do and we don't have the benefit of a cosy woodstove!
The road sides are littered with dead badgers when you drive through Shropshire - I hate seeing them lying there. Glad they saw a live one - must have been the apple that did it.
I might have said this before but I would love your tulips as a print on my dining room curtains.
The gull photo with the wonderful reflection would make a lovely picture.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I'm glad they saw Badgers.........imagine sitting there freezing for half the night and not seeing a single thing!

Garden plans sound good

Bovey Belle said...

Ref badgers - wot Sue said!!

I can sense a little frustration with your pretty Tulip picture but it will surely all start to pull together once you get some greenery in.

Missing the sun here today too as I intend to garden. Ah well, at least I shan't get too hot!

The Weaver of Grass said...

That sky is amazing - wish I had seen a badger.