Thursday 30 May 2019

Pacing myself.

Well - trying to!

I went to the Prom on my own today.


I walked to the Kessock Burn and back.  In stages.  Lots of pauses.  

It was very overcast and spitty rain.  Not that pleasant.  So you have one of my jerky videos of the massed Gull Gangs.


One of the middle sized fishing boats.  Heading for the harbour.


The Kessock Burn enters the North Sea.  

Then it was back home.  The DP was off to complete the shopping.  

Thanks so much to Jean for her advice about halving cat pill and ensuring he ate it.  We managed the halving. Unfortunately we did all that she said but had not the cat treat.  So it was put into his food.  He refused to eat it.  In fact he refused to eat anything all day.  He was spaced out.  The DP then went and purchased the cat treat stuff and we managed him eating his steroid.  After a management discussion the DP has now an appointment with the vet tomorrow.  We both feel his brain is no longer working.  Spending time staring into corners, sleeping lots.  We seek a medical assessment.  


The DP is currently encouraging him to get on his knee which he always does in the evening.  But Sith doesnt seem to know what to do.  So bloody sad.  Sorry all.


8 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Sounds breezy up there.
Seth certainly seems to be acting rather strange - it is always so difficult with pets to know what is wrong - could it be a side effect of the meds?

Chris said...

Feel for you. It is sad when a beloved pet nears the end.

Jean said...

Just to say that at 17 and with health issues, my little girl sleeps a lot, but then so have my other old cats in the past and they had no health issues. Likewise the sitting and staring, I call it thinking, happens in older cats too. Other times they are loving and normal. One concern is when they go off their food, but that could be for various reasons. Glad I could be of help with the tablet problem. You know Sith best though, he's your cat. I was amazed that he ate that pheasant, could that have caused some sort of digestive problem to put him off his food? Anyway, between you and the vet I hope you find that it is something treatable. I hope so. Don't give up just yet, you never know. So sad to hear that he is not himself. My thoughts are with you and Sith.

vic said...

It's so hard to decide what to do when a beloved pet gets to this point.

Hope the vet can help you determine what needs to be done at this point.

Bovey Belle said...

Sorry that Sith seems to have gone downhill. The vet will advise the best way forward I am sure.

Glad you got down to the burn today, even if it was slowly.

Jules said...

Poor Sith. It must be so difficult for you. I'm sure the vet will help you decide what is best. X

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers for Seth's comfort

mamasmercantile said...

So sad when a beloved pet is old and ill, hope the vet will be able to help.