Monday 20 May 2019

Do not play Misty for Me.

It is back again.



The Haar rolling in and out again, and covering the countryside as well as the sea.


Most of the photographs have been enhanced on the computer so we can see something a bit sharper!


Lots of Gulls.  And a solitary Oystercatcher.  Most are now dispersed bringing up their families inland.




As it was high tide there were quite a few Gulls in the Kessock Burn.


The Beach Cafe opened today under new management.  The place was packed.  I hope they do well am sure they will.  They have worked hard and it is completely transformed inside.  I will visit when it is not so busy and we move into the Summer and not so many germs.


Back into the Shedudio and I started pen and ink Sanderlings.  Tiny birds that run up and down the shore.  Although these were on a big rock.

My 'Feet Wifie' came later in the afternoon.  So that part of my body is sorted.

While she was here the DP had gone off to see a rare bird, a passing through migrant, but this year there have been lots around here.


This is the female Bluethroat.  Not as distinctive as the male. 


Photo by Michele Emslie (who was our guest photographer at our annual Art Exhibition last year.)

We are now gearing up for this years exhibition in July.  Today I began the mammoth task of sending out entry forms and rules of entry.  

Feeling a bit misty myself now!

Oh the Whales are still around.  It was too misty for me to see anything at sea today.  I shall be out looking tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like some busy times for you!! Your photos are always beautiful and I love to see them in all weather!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope you do a bit of whale spotting today- without mist.

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you manage another sighting of the whales.