Monday 27 May 2019

No rain today.

Probably as it was a bank holiday everywhere else but we ignore them in Scotland so the sun shone.


The Kessock Burn meets the North Sea.


I walked, as did some others.  I was on the Prom, they were on the beach.


Herring Gulls.


Small Fishing boat.


The roof of one of the shelters gets painted.  Never seen the roofs be painted before.  All the sides and the seats but this time the roof gets done.  Yes.


Just struck me.  Skurries love roofs but you never see them on the shelters.


Dyson, our alpha male, and Mrs Dyson and Junior Dyson.  Are you sitting down?  Get a tissue.  Just after this photo was taken.  Our elderly cat Sith ate Junior.

An update on Siths health, should you want to hear it after that, is the vet wants us to halve the liver supporting pill which has the side effects that could have caused the seizure he had, and give it twice a day.  Rather than a whole one once a day.  If he has another seizure then back to the drawing board.

Speaking of drawing boards I continue battle with portraying the toad.


Still not happy with his fingers.....

The garden is blossoming.  


Peony.


Allium.  Lots of these.  Different sizes.  One of my favourites.  Which once gone over I dry.  Great for pen and ink drawings.



The 'joys' of living in the countryside.  Something being sprayed on the Barley.  And some will have gone into our garden....  Pesticide probably.  Hmm.

So - no rain and only a light shower tomorrow.  Whats the betting it will be when I am at the prom.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Very sad to hear of the baby bird's demise. Nature is cruel, is it not?

Athene said...

Oh dear - I guess that’s a sign that Sith Cat isn’t feeling his age. Is it very bad that I laughed ...

Anonymous said...

The sky and water in the first photo are just the best shade of blue ever!
Well, Sith needed a pick me up and maybe junior will do just that bless him the poor thing, cats will be cats, toads have strange fingers, paint grass over them if you don’t like them lol, I just had this conversation with my grand daughter, I told her I sometimes have problems with birds feet so I hide them, grass, water, snow,, lol, or hands, I hate doing hands, I hide them under long sleeves or flowers, or in one painting I did the woman held a big fluffy rabbit to hide her hands, lol, my secrets out!

lynney62 said...

Oh Sith, how could you? Well...you're a cat, so you could...."Bye,Bye Birdie"
Happy to hear Sith is feeling good again! Carry on, SithCat :)

mamasmercantile said...

Oh dear Sith, what a bad boy you are.

JanF said...

So sad. Were you cross with Sith?