Friday 10 May 2019

Friday.

The sun shone all day.  

The DP swept the board at his Photographic Society presentation evening.  Top achievement being Photographer of the Year.  Fortunately none of the cups need polishing.

Friday is my head to toe wash, moisturise and be dressed.  My  new personal carer had an appointment so I had E. E has false nails and I always think she will skewer me.  But I survived although she had some difficulty with my compression stocking....

After lunch the Prom.


Hardly any railings to lean on as all had signs saying 'Wet Paint'.  

I asked one of the painters if he did the Forth Bridge in his spare time.  
No sense of humour.  'We're gitting there.'  
I never said you weren't.


Tiger Hill.


The Gull Gang, mainly Skurries (Herring Gulls.)




Lobster boat.

Then home to the Shedudio.



In between bird watching I painted a bit.


Why we grow teasels.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that last photo is a beauty to paint! Well I wear compression pantyhose and I can tell you that putting them on with false nails would not work lol, I have to keep my nails clipped a moderate length and I also wear rubber washing up gloves, they work great, I had a bad injury in my left leg when I had the accident and Because it’s high on my leg I have to wear complete panty hose, they are not pleasant but I’ve been wearing them now 8 years so I’m used to it, but takes practise getting in them, very good incentive to keep my weight down 😉, I’m so glad she did not scewer you! Congratulations to your husband, !

The Weaver of Grass said...

How goldfinches love teasels - that one is definitely saying thank-you.

Mum said...

Stop speaking to strange men - they are a different species!
xx

Jean said...

DB wears compression stockings for his ulcers but he has carers now thankfully. Some of them have a struggle and I've had to give a few lessons. Your goldfinch is beautiful.