Thursday 23 May 2019

Some changes.

Very strong wind from the West.  Not cold though.  I went to vote.  Our polling station is in a small village, Rathen. Five minutes up the narrow lane.  



In the village hall which is on the right.  The school is on the left.  I was welcomed in and shown to a booth which was at my height, low!  One cross and that was it.  Then all doors held open for me to exit.  I wonder what, if any, changes this election will bring.

After lunch to the Prom.






A wind surfer was taking advantage of the very strong wind.  So strong I was a bit worried I would be joining him!







Not many people and no birds.  They left when the Wind Surfer arrived.




The Osprey returning to the harbour.

When I came home our Garden Designer joined us.  She wanted to tell us of her ideas before putting it all onto paper.  Well I was blown away.  She had a plan to show us.  Widening paths, more patios, a wildlife pond, a raised bed so I could do things.  How we could recycle plants to better places.  Just amazing.  So we told her to get on with the plan.  

After that we will be getting quotes.  

Her plans make the garden more manageable, better for me to move around it.  We can do it in bits to make it affordable.  

When we leave this mortal coil it will help our children to sell the house as all this work will  make it more saleable.  So good all round.  Though I am still stunned at her ideas.  But this is what we wanted - someone to come in totally fresh, look at the garden and rethink it.  That is what we now have.

Some changes which might not be so good.  Sith cat has been slowing down a lot.  Still eating like a proverbial, but sleeping a lot more.  His routine has changed.



However after a prod from me he has now gone to get on the DP's knee.  Better late than never.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor sith, I guess he's slowing down a bit,, maybe he heard the ideas for the new garden and he's gathering he strength to enjoy it! the garden changes sound wonderful!!! Its amazing how changes like that increase land value, as well as enjoyment!!
I'm so glad you didn't join the surfers today,,,, ; )

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Glad to read you voted. I think doing so lifts one's spirit. Well wishes to Sith

wherethejourneytakesme said...

just catching up with blogland again - exciting times - sometimes I would love someone to come in and redesign our garden or at least suggest some reasonable changes.
How's life with the new carer - by the sounds of previous posts nothing stays the same for long these days with carers, they come and go quickly, and no doubt if they cannot provide a different one she will be replaced before long. Maybe you both just need a bit longer to gel - but hope you get it sorted soon.

Chris said...

How exciting to plan a new garden. I hope it all comes to fruition. And you are right about it adding value to your property. Go for it!

crafty cat corner said...

The garden sound exciting, can't wait to see the results.
Briony
x

Sue in Suffolk said...

I'd love to see the plans of your garden after seeing all the Chelsea ones on Tv this week - garden designers have such vision.

Bovey Belle said...

The new garden plans sound very exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing it all come to fruition.

We went out to vote first thing too.

Hope Sith is just taking life easy.

mamasmercantile said...

Exciting times having your garden designed, wonderful. Our voting station was in the local charity shop, that made me smile.

The Weaver of Grass said...

The downside of owning pets is that they dont last as long as we do.