Friday 24 May 2019

A Mixed Bag.

Last night I said I was worried about Sith cat.  This morning after his liver pill and breakfast he had a seizure.  Was over very quickly.  That awful cat wail and then down he went.  Within seconds he was back up and back to his,  now,  normal self.  Eating, wandering round the garden, sleeping.  I have been a cat owner of quite a few cats over many years so have gone through this before.  He is on his way out.  We will do our upmost to make it stress free but when the time comes when it is no longer stress free for him at least with a cat we can assist.  I wish that was as easy for us humans.

After lunch I went to the Prom.



Still breezy but not as strong.  Warmish.  Although no sun.



Plenty Gulls.



Enjoying the fresh water of the Kessock Burn.



Having a bath, preening.



Out in the bay were two Police boats.



They came out of the harbour and then turned left towards the Moray Firth.


Very fast.  No idea why.  First time I have ever seen one, let alone two.



Early evening and the sun came out.  Siskin.




Goldfinch.

Sith cat now happily ensconced on the DP's knee.

Tomorrow the DP has an away day.  The Photographic Society are off - early start and late finish.  This means I have to sort my breakfast, lunch and wait for the promised Chinese takeaway.  I am praying Sith cat is ok.  The good news is I have heard nothing from the surgery re my blood test for iron so can only assume it was ok.  I still do not know why they cannot tell me this and only contact me if there is something wrong.  Does leave one with tons of anxieties on top of everything else. Like has the blood test come back? etc. And of course they dont work weekends.  Neither does the vets....... Very mixed bag.

8 comments:

Jules said...

I'm sorry to read this, Jill, and it must have been frightening to witness. I'm relieved to know he is back to his usual self, at least, and I know you will do whatever it takes in order to care for him. X

busybusybeejay said...

We have always had a cat until the last one died and we were so upset that I said never again.Fortunately next door have two cats so we get lots of strokes and attention from them.Hope Sithnis ok over the weekend.

Jean said...

I have had cats all of my life but have never experienced what you describe. To react that way and then get up and walk around in a normal way sounds like epilepsy, which I think can be treated. So very sad. Sith is so lovely, it's heartbreaking when they have to leave us. Vets here have a surgery on Saturday mornings, and there is always a vet on call 24 hours, including weekends. I have two black cats, my little girl is 17 years old in twelve days time. She has serious health issues, but is on medication and leading a quiet, happy and loving life. We do know that the time she has left is limited, and we are making the most of what time we have left together. She is happy and behaving normally, but our hearts hurt knowing what is to come.
Sending Sith a hug.

justjill said...

Thanks abody. Everybody, the Doric creeping in!

Chris said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow while the Dawn Patroller is away. Enjoy your Chinese take out!

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

For a while we were able to control the seizures our 18-year-old cat was having with phenobarb mixed in ice cream, and we cleaned up the urine that sprayed when she had one, but then they got worse and happened more often, and we finally had to make a hard decision. I hope you will be able to find medication to help your cat.

Anonymous said...

Oh my,,, I have been down this road several times as well, 6 to be exact, yes, we treat animals with more compassion than humans! That needs to change,
The gulls are so pretty, I know some people hate them but I don’t. Chinese sounds good!

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry to read about Sith. Also disheartening to read about blood results, it seems to be a problem countrywide as each surgery operates differently but never say what the system is, hope all is well. Enjoy your takeaway.