Wednesday 1 May 2019

A change in the weather.


Overcast and cool.  Fine by me.  No wind.  So I walked.






Lobster boats inning and outing.  Misty out at sea.





Not many people.



So plenty birds.  Mostly Skurries and Lesser Black Backed Gulls.






Pair of Oystercatchers.



Stove lit.



The tulips I was painting have all lost their petals.  I brought in some just opening and did a quick brush sketch before they did open.



Also started applying paint to my trio of Puffins.



The work in progress pile is growing .  I must get a grip and finish something.  The owl is about done..... But the tulips I must do before there are none left!  I have taken photographs but you cannot beat painting from life.  So I will crack on with them. 

It doesnt matter what the weather does tomorrow now my lovely Shedudio is warm whatever the weather. 




1 comment:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I much prefer to sketch and paint from real life - but you do have to be quick especially with flowers. I have a lot of half started things too!