Saturday 28 April 2018

Up and out.

Quite a struggle but I washed and dressed and drove to the Prom.  The DP came with me, mainly to put the chariot into the car, take it out, and repeat.


By the sea it was beautiful, sunny, no wind.  Back home remained very dark clouds.


You can just see the edge of them over to the right of the picture.



A couple of Paddle Surfers joined the Surfers.



There was a wee boat out collecting Lobster pots.



And as the tide was going out and there were enough places to land in came the Gull Gang.


Then back home.

Because it had been so cloudy it was quite cool back home.


Not for long!

Settled down in the shedudio with the wee stove warming it up I painted.


Avocet.

I decided to finally have a go with the watercolour pencils, have had them for ages, used them for the odd outline but never a whole picture, so started on a Hare baby, from a photo of a rescued litter at a local rescue centre.


Always something to learn.  Speaking of which I learned a lesson today.  I always ask photographers if it is ok to paint from their photos.  I have never had a refusal.  Today I was asked for money for using the photo of the Harvest Mouse in a tulip.  The photographer said as I had work up for sale I was a business as was he and therefore I should pay.  Well - I did pay him.  I had painted the picture.  But although my work is for sale I rarely sell anything, being disabled I cant tout it around, so it is only exhibitions when the DP takes it for me, and they are rarely visited by people who buy.  So I paid out for my pleasure in painting a lovely photograph.  I will stick to my own photos, the DPs, my friends, and all of the many wildlife photographers who have given me blanket permission to paint from their photographs in future.  

Up and out again tomorrow, weather forecast good, hope all the drugs I am on carry on the up.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Although I am no artist, I would like to try watercolour pencils. Any tips on their use would be welcome.

Susan Heather said...

That fire looks so welcoming. We have just started the fire season here.

Terra said...

That fire looks very cozy and warming after the cold of the beach and sea.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Wrap up well for your trips down to the sea - the forecast is not good.

Beth Backus said...

What price are you putting on the Harvest Mouse? Do you think you should increase the price to recoup what you had to pay the photographer?

mamasmercantile said...

Glad you managed to get out and about. Such a shame about the additional costs to the photographer. The stove looked so warm and inviting, we are still lighting ours in an evening.