Friday 6 April 2018

I gripped!

Now I have two bionic eyes.  The right one has had a real struggle as the only glasses I had for close work, i.e. painting and reading stuff on the computer was totally useless for the new cataract.  I have had quite a lot of uncomfortable eye strain in that eye. Also a lot of neck strain as I bent the neck to try and see clearly.... So at last I now have the proper glasses.  Collected today.  "We wont need to test your eyes now for two years."  My response to the child who fitted me up was, "If I am spared."  Ha.


The reading/magnifying glasses.  The right eye went into shock.  For a while now, after a couple of hours of using computers, painting etc. no discomfort at all.


And the buy one get one free Sunglasses, which are basically clear dark glass but with a bit of a lens alteration for astigmatism(?)  Which I never knew I had..... Anyway both fine.  

Although the wind was blowing 20 mph plus,  after collecting the glasses I went to the Prom.  Bravely I left the chariot in the car.  Walked to the railings, clung on, and took photographs.



Loads of Gull Gang members.



That is a Lesser Black Backed Gull, one of many returning, from wherever they go, in the Winter.


This boat is a support vessel to the Oil/Gas platforms out in the North Sea.  Sheltering in our bay due to the strong winds.


Back home and into the shedudio here is Hoover making a reappearance.  No tufts on his head so not really into the mating game....

So - back to GRIPPING .  This morning I did my pulmonary physio exercises. Tick.  I did the minutes for Fraserburgh Art Group meeting in March. Tick.  Got my glasses Tick, collected a prescription, Tick.  

I think I am about gripped on most things now, til I look again at my list.....It is Friday night.  Had a lovely steak, apologies to vegetarians, which includes most of my daughters, now at least one glass of red wine.  So probably losing the grip.


8 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Lovely to hear you so upbeat. Enjoy the wine, and painting. Anxious to see the finished sparrows painting.

Mary Bolton said...

Happy Day! Isn't it wonderful to be seeing clearly again!

kjsutcliffe said...

Well 'Gripped' !

crafty cat corner said...

I often say 'If I'm still here' to various people and they never quite know how to respond. lol
We are going next week to do the glasses thing, I dread it as I can never find glasses that are different, they all look the same to me.
Briony
x

Chris said...

I read a long article on veganism today - the conclusion, from several studies - is that there is no relationship between vegetarianism and veganism regarding health and longevity. So I shall keep eating meat but not so much of the red sort!

Terra said...

How good to be able to see clearly and also to tick things off your to do list.

mamasmercantile said...

A joy to be ticking things off your list, sadly my list just seems to be getting longer.

Minigranny said...

Your new glasses are gorgeous!