Thursday 26 April 2018

Oh woe.

I know there are others far worse off than me.  But why these almost continuous chest infections?  So back on antibiotics and steroids begin in the morning.

I have been in bed most of the day.  High temperature. etc. etc.

Managed a trip to the shedudio in the afternoon.  Sith cat accompanied me.


The DP had to cancel his bird watching jaunt.  He was away shopping in between looking after me.  On the way back from on of his two trips to shops he got these photos.



This Yow (ewe) is one of six that the wee boy across the field manages.  All the others have long since produced off spring, including twins.  Sheila Sheep has sat about for ages.  Then there it was.  As I said to the DP I no longer have to worry about something that is absolutely nothing to do with me!!!

8 comments:

DUTA said...

Sith cat looks sad.
Your chest infections probably have to do with your walking on the promenade in fickle weather.
Anyway, feel better soon!

crafty cat corner said...

Not good having another chest infection, hope it soon goes away. Haven't been out to see any lambs this year yet, keep meaning to.
Briony
x

Gail, northern California said...

Dear Jill,

Rant and vent all you like. You're entitled given what you are forced to endure.

I'm thinking you need the dry California desert air, or maybe New Mexico or Arizona.

My younger brother suffers with terrible respiratory issues and he never smoked. His doctor finally told him two years ago, "You won't survive another Minnesota winter." so he bought a vacation home in sunny Florida. Unfortunately, with that comes alligators in the front yard or nearby golf course! No thanks.

kjsutcliffe said...

Haha love the final sentence ...As I said to the DP I no longer have to worry about something that is absolutely nothing to do with me!!! You made my morning x

Lilbitbrit said...

Sorry to hear that you are ill again.

Bovey Belle said...

Hi - Jennie here, bloghopping from Sue in Suffolk's blog. Sorry you have COPD (I have severe asthma and "they" tell me I am heading that way myself). I had a spell of constant chest infections too - 3 years of antibiotics and steroids and not ONE sputum test done by the GP to see which infection was causing the problem until I saw a good Locum. I hope that you can shake off this current infection. I have started taking Vitamin D which seems to help my chest, and this week have started taking Quercetin as mine is an allergic asthma.

I hope that you will be up and about again soon - this up and down weather isn't helping is it?

Anonymous said...

what a coincidence, I just started a sheep painting this morning!!! I love sheep,,


I'm sorry your damn lungs are giving you trouble again,, thats a bummer for sure,, but maybe this dose of meds wil do the trick,, those darn lung infections are so hard to kill, I think the germs must get smart,, take care, it sounds like you're in good hands,

mamasmercantile said...

Certainly good to be looking in on the wonder of birthing ewes without the work that goes with them. Hope this round of medication helps.