Monday 23 April 2018

Family visit. Day 2.

Grandchildren wake at the most ungodly hour.  Found myself having to feed Sith cat at around 5 a.m. as a human had appeared downstairs.  aka someone to provide cat breakfast......

Later, when I had eventually turned into an awake human, we were all up.  The DP had done his patrolling.  Breakfast.

The family and the DP then disappeared off to Macduff and the Marine Aquarium.



There is a hands on session at the Aquarium.  Eli meets a Spider Crab.
www.macduff-aquarium.org.uk


There is also a camera link to the Gannetry at Troup Head, on of the largest onshore.  All nesting like fury.

I met them at the Dunes Golf Centre cafe in Fraserburgh.


For a lovely lunch.  From there we went to the beach.



Just about had it to ourselves.


Apart from a few gulls.


Never seen a yellow boat before. 

Then back home.  I escaped to the shedudio.


This is a lot of fun.  A small canvas, prepared for watercolour, almost there.  A Harvest Mouse inside a tulip.  Somehow I have to work out how to portray the amount of pollen he/she had on his face.

We are all heading for bed very early.  We are all exhausted by a delightful, full on, enjoying life child.  He has mastered "Grandma" but the DP is still "The Man."!!!!!

4 comments:

Jean. said...

Love the mouse painting, so cute. I once found a photograph, on the internet, of a harvest mouse asleep in a purple iris.

lynney62 said...

Oh my...I laughed out loud when I read your blog today....I'm a Grandma who is retired and when my family visits a few times a year, I feel like I've been "electronically moved" to a new universe. I love them all so much...I just "smile' and then groan quietly in the corner...LOL!

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a fun day, always fun to have family around.

crafty cat corner said...

Am loving the little harvest mouse, just gorgeous.
Briony
x