Wednesday 9 September 2020

Windy Wednesday.

Sunny day with strong winds.

Last night we had two Badgers.  We feed them an apple chopped.  Some Peanuts.  They clear up the bird food left also.  We have noted evidence of them scraping the ground in other parts of the garden.  This is to facilitate finding their more normal food of worms!

Today we visited ASDA.  I actually chose some clothes.  Vests, trousers and a roomy jumper.  

I wore my mask, athough I can claim exemption.  Everyone else was wearing a mask as they were in Tescos yesterday.  I can breathe fine as I am plugged into the oxygen.  

But wearing of the mask makes me feel so hot I think I am going to faint.  Which is scary as I have never fainted. Anyone else find this?  Or have a solution?

So the DP went off to pay for the selected clothes and I and the chariot exited fast!

The Prom.



Our Lifeboat returning to the harbour.  It goes so fast....



The learning Surfers progressing.




Sunny.  Gull Gang.  Well some of them.

Later the sun went down.



As you can see our field at the rear has been cut.  Grain taken away and straw baled.

Now exciting for tonight.  The DP left all the room lights on at the rear of the house.  Then he went out and took these photos.  The Badger completely ignored him.





Is that not amazing.  I think a painting?!




10 comments:

Chris said...

Wonderful badger photos. I'm very impressed. Also with your foray into shopping. Success!

Tink said...

Amazing badger photos - I have never seen one in real life - you are so lucky to have them in your back garden! Nothing like some retail therapy to cheer you up :-)

Lynn Marie said...

I found it helpful to wear the mask around the house a bit at first. It got me used to the sensation and I could figure out the best adjustment without self-consciousness. With all the other paraphenalia you are dealing with and being out in the supermarket world again too, it's easier if you know what to expect sensation-wise from the mask and what it takes to keep it securely on your face but still be able to move and speak. I remember at first I thought it was hot too, but not anymore. Honestly, now I often keep it on to drive home in the car because I'm barely aware of it and on the off-chance I make an unexpected stop that involves interaction with other humans it's easier than putting it off and on again.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those pictures are indeed amazing!

Jackie said...

Wow, amazing photos of the badger. Any one of them would be a wonderful painting.

I get very hot wearing a mask after a bit, but I keep thinking better safe than sorry.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Amazing Badger photos.Some people have to sit silently in a hide for hours to get Badger photos and there it is just on your patio - what a treat

crafty cat corner said...

I wonder if the badgers clearing up the bird seed will help with the rat problem. Lovely shots.
Briony
x

Ellen D. said...

Looks like the badgers are becoming your pets! Soon you will be naming them!?! Love the Prom photos - especially that brightly-colored boat! Thanks.

Mary said...

Someone on another blogger mentioned that there is a FB group (mentioned 'UK hearing loss community') for people who wear hearing aids that I think provided some ideas about dealing with masks. Have seen a photo of a partial headband that had two buttons sewn on either side above the ears so that the mask didn't not go over the ears at all but slipped over the buttons instead. Hope it might help with the issue of too many things over your ears.

Bovey Belle said...

I could be exempt for mask wearing if I liked, but it's belt and braces to me. I nearly suffocate sometimes though - especially at the back of a hot airless shop.

I am glad that the badger visits are giving you so much pleasure. Will you be painting those next do you think?

Daughter has just come back from a few days' camping, out doors pretty well all the time, but I still felt like spraying her from head to food with Dettol when she returned!

We had already cancelled Christmas here. Gabby works up till the last minute on Christmas Eve in the jewellery shop and normally comes straight here, so no chance to detox in any way, and Danny lives in a shared house, which ain't ideal either.