Saturday 12 September 2020

Its a mad. mad world.

 My youngest grandson has been seen by a doctor and diagnosed with bronchiolitis.  Chest infection.  Not the virus.  But he and brother are due to visit this coming week.  Not staying with us.  But some planning now to be done to make the visit safe for us all.

My only granddaughter has a cold.  My daughter, her Mum, has tried to get her tested but as we all know the testing situation is a total farce in England.

The DP and I went to the Prom this afternoon to meet a friend as well as exercise, breathe, and take photos.  We were met by this.



Masses of people gathering and all taking a balloon.  I dare not get out of the car.

After a while they all went down on to the beach.  So we got out.


After a while this happened.




The Balloons were released.  To endanger wildlife and any other life around that eats interesting looking stuff.


By this time I had walked up the other end of the Prom and could not get back to my car.  No-one was wearing a mask.  No way were they socially distancing.  Someone I knew told me they were paying their respects to a colleague who had died and had passed it by the police who said it was ok and indeed were sat in the car park watching on.

Can you believe this?  No wonder people are ignoring the rules.  What rules?


Earlier in the day I had started on a painting of Cranes.  Cranes have appeared up here, 11 were counted at our local bird reserve.  This is the start from a photo of some of them.  It gave my brain some chill out time before it went into shock on the Prom.






Tonight we had a peep and through the window we saw a much smaller Badger.  Hope the trail camera picked it up for us all to watch tomorrow!

I hope and pray for a more sane world that just gets excited by seeing Badgers outside the window.




     



10 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Idiots walk among us.

800,000 acres are on fire nearby and some women seem to be more worried about not being able to get their nails and hair done.

I don't understand and have given up trying.

Tigger's Mum said...

It's pretty, but there must be so many ways of paying respects to a colleague without throwing man-made waste into the sea. I despair of minds that think such things up, and those who go along with it. Great news that more badgers ate turning up, and can't wait to see this crane picture as it develops.

mamasmercantile said...

What a strange world we live in when a life is remembered by endangering wildlife.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I thought balloon releases like that had been stopped.
Today will be better at the prom - hopefully

Jules said...

I find it shocking that not only were those people gathering in such a large number, but to release all those balloons is senseless and at best tantamount to littering.
I hope your family members feel better very soon and you can still enjoy your visit. X

Anonymous said...

I am a carer for my adult son. In recent months my elderly father in law's health and mobility has taken a nosedive and he has become dependant on us for support in many different ways. I was looking forward to seeing my Mum on her birthday who, for various health reasons and lockdown I have not seen for 18 months since we live at a distance. Then well-meaning family members decided to organise a secret get-together for her. This is in an area that is currently on a watch list as the number of cases are rising rapidly. They seem quite happy with going ahead. My mother has never had a birthday party and is living with a terminal illness, so is not observing social distancing. I felt that I had no choice but to cancel my visit, causing huge upset for everyone. I am the one trying to keep everyone safe, yet I come out of this looking like an uncaring daughter, when nothing could be further from the truth. :(

Tom Stephenson said...

Walking around town here now it is like any other sunny weekend but busier.

Just Because said...

I do not understand the need to gather and release trash into the sky that can and probably will harm wild life.

Truly have they never heard what really happens to all that rubberized plastic? And then to see the crowds?
Not social distancing or wearing masks after so many have isolated at home and stayed away from their own families?

I despair. But Jill it is the same thing here in my state in the USA.

We must keep moving forward and looking for the good things everyday.

Ellen D. said...

You are right to be upset. That crowd shows no sense at all. Balloons at the beach - terrible idea.

Rachel Phillips said...

Funny, in the previous post you said you know nobody who has had the virus and nor do your carers and you are fed up with it all. Now you are condemning the people on the beach for gathering. I don't understand.